Fault code.

d-peach-13
This post is 3261 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anybody help me please? I have a wr125x and i have a fault code coming up. It is one longer flash and 9 quick flashes. My bike wont start it just turns over. Im tearing my hair out over it because one minute it was fine thwn when i came back to it it would not start

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is what I found in about 2 mins on the net. yellow fault light on the instrument panel flashes the code, all is explained in the service manual.

Yebutt he was too busy posting the same question all over the forum

• Like 1

OH ! :shrug:

You have posted the same question in several sections of the forum. Whether you meant to or not is irrelevant. This causes people to not know which one to reply to, if they can help. This forum tends to be very friendly but there will be some questions that people will not be able to answer and these tend to get limited, or no, replies. That said, calling people "idiots" isn't really conducive to getting people to try and help out.

What you talking about. Im on an app and didnt know how to use it. Jesus. Ask for help and get idiots

So you posted this very question on the 16th April (a whole 7 days ago) right here:

You already got quite a comprehensive answer and FOR FREE, I should point out, since a garage will charge you anything up to £50 and possibly more just for reading the fault code!

So having gotten the help you needed and more, despite not even bothering to show a bit of common courtesy by posting an Intro in the relevant setion, you then decide to re-ask the same question... and you want to talk about who is an idiot??!!

The flashes are a Fault 19 code, which is the sidestand switch.

Clean it, lube it, replace it, bypass it or whatever you want.

When you're done doing that, grow up and learn some manners...

• Like 1

I'm sorry my answer was not what you wanted and also apologise for not answering sooner, yes I know you wanted the answer day's ago and were in such a hurry that you posted several times in the hopes that someone would be kind enough to help you out without the bother of charging you for the service or the time taken to answer your urgent query. So if my apology is accepted and you feel we are worthy of your further attention please feel free to ask any questions that you feel are relevant to your motorcycle/scooter and we will do our best to get the answer as soon as possible realising that your time is precious and not to be wasted by idiots who don't know who they are dealing with. having said that it's usually polite to say hello before you ask a complete stranger for advice if for no other reason than they might just tell you to "f**k off". Not that we would do that because we understand that your enquiry is more important than anyone else's.

Slice i wasnt calling you an idiot. It was jimmy with a sarcastic comment when i didnt even know i posted it several times. I appreciate your answer and thanks for replying to my question. I will know for next to to introduce my question abit more. Im new to all this forum stuff so apologies

• Like 1

I dont have a multimeter

They're not expensive - a quick Google for multimeter throws up loads for under a tenner - don't bother with a wobbly needle analogue one, just go digital from the outset. If you're gonna be looking after your own bike(s) you will need one of these sooner or later, so you might as well bite the bullet now.

Having said get a multimeter, you can test the switch with a battery, a bulb and some wire, like so:

battery(+)---switch---bulb---battery(-)

Operate the switch, if the bulb is off it should go on, and vice versa.

But get a multimeter anyway.

"Slice i wasnt calling you an idiot. It was jimmy with a sarcastic comment when i didnt even know i posted it several times"

And I'm the Idiot

Ok enough fun and games, your very welcome and I hope you stick around and enjoy this site as much as the rest of us, a very warm welcome to the YOC :jossun:

PS we are sometimes a merciless bunch of sarcastic bastards and we do take the piss out of each other but it's never meant with malice or the desire to hurt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online