Be careful out there

DirtyDT
This post is 3284 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

We have had a good few sunny days but remember to be careful out there. Yesterday there was a collision outside of one of the places I work between a motorbike and a cyclist. The cyclist has died and the biker was critical, last I heard.

This was 100 yards from an A&E, major trauma, hospital where your chances of survival are going to be much better. The accident was not a pretty sight - I was on my way from that hospital to the other one I work in. Hospital staff on their way to work left their cars and assisted immediately but the cyclist died.

Just a reminder that things happen very quickly; sun or no sun.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was caught up in the aftermath of this tragic accident. As you say if anything the sun and hotter weather at times can be our worse enemy especially the early weeks after winter.

Sad news " ,, :shakeno: A couple on trailie bike hit car in city limits up Aberdeen , both succumbed , Its time of year tho, were all out more , chances are higher of accidents, .

But bugger it, am no waitin for my slot in the care home,, :jossun:,

• Like 1

aye, was out this avvo and some idiot decided he'd pull out on my side of the road.Luckily he decided against it just in time.

thing is there was really no need for him to do it so I could have never anticipated it!

Aye, i followed one on the way home form work yesterday, I could see in his rear view mirror tyhat he was looking down between his legs all the time, wandering all over the road. Probably sending a text message. Pulled alongside but just behind so he couldnt see me, then gave him a blast on the horn. Nearly shit himself :biglaugha:

• Like 1