Saddle sore

meatloaf
This post is 3296 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Spent the day out on my bike today, did about 260 miles which for me is a lot as I usually only do 50 or 60 miles at a time, maybe I'm just getting old or perhaps its my skinny arse that's got no padding on it but even with my big kickarse seat on my bike my arse is suffering.

How the hell did Bippo manage the iron butt challenge?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On the Street Triple? With great pain!! Although I must be crazy as I'm planning on doing the 2000 mile one this year...

• Like 3

Aye meaty, 300mls ismy threshold too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,although" I did Paris to Scotch corner in 11hrs one day, on the old H2 kwaker, :icon_cool:

Just googled it, 502mls . ,I left Soissons @ 9am got to S,corner @8pm, was cold, still had 280 miles to home,

So took a travel inn. here she was , fully load,

France2013003.jpg

• Like 3

I did 320 miles in one day on the Virago last year and have to say it was very comfortable. I now have a Hornet but wouldn't like to do that sort of mileage on it though.

must admit when I had my Virago I never had a problem but the seat on my midnight star does seem to be a lot harder

I did Marseille in France to Essex through the night once. About 800 miles left Marseille at 4pm and was in Essex at 6am. That was on a GSXR and I didn't ride it for a week or so after. 100 miles non stop or 200 to 300 miles a day is enough for me nowadays. Any more and it isn't enjoyable.

to be fair, with the original seat, I can`t do 200 miles without heavy pain on my back. but this mustang seat with backrest are awesome. maybe you should look for a mustang seat for your bike meatloaf.

• Like 1

Just bought a new seat for the FJ Meatloaf, it really has made a difference to riding, before it was 50/100 miles and I HAD to get off now still get stiff but no were near as bad. 760_412_csupload_61760783.jpg?u=14110584similar to this, made by Tony Archer in Huddersfield.

to be fair, with the original seat, I can`t do 200 miles without heavy pain on my back. but this mustang seat with backrest are awesome. maybe you should look for a mustang seat for your bike meatloaf.

First thing I did was fit a back rest for that very reason, I also did look at mustang seats but found them to be a bit pricey, maybe I should look at them again.

I just bought a Tony Archer seat for the Striple, so far so good. A lot comfier for me and the pillion. I'm hoping it's good for decent mileage, planning a trip to Spain in August!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online