Springer seats for XVS950a ?

SirQuej
This post is 3268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

I would love to put springer style seating on my Midnight star (XVS950a) but need to keep two seats as I regularly carry passengers.

Does anyone know if you can put a springer style seat on the rear? If so, how?

Cheers

Marc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have no idea how, but I can tell you for sure you will have the ugliest xvs950a ever... and a lot uncomfortable. also you will get lot of shit on the battery, fuses, etc.

• Like 1

No you can't, least never seen one, the best you could do is what was done back in the day which was to glue a pad onto the rear mudguard and tell your passenger to grow a pair and stop moaning.

Lallasro - The springer seats general come with a cover for over the battery/fuse box area so getting "shit" all over them shouldn't be an issue.

Slice - Would the rear fender be strong enough to support a person weight?

Slice - Would the rear fender be strong enough to support a person weight?

That's what the pillion pad currently mounts to anyway, so yeah it bloody well should be...!! :lol:

You should have an a-frame kind of affair directly beneath the rear mudguard (fender is what the Americans call it) or a pair of solid support rails with a big metal plate, either of which forms part of the main frame and are perfectly load-bearing.

Thanks Taskmaster. I guessed this might be the case after looking at the way the rear seat was fixed. I like Slice's idea of sticking a pad on the "mudguard" (apologies for my grammatical error....lol). none of my trips with passengers are particularly long so it shouldn't be an issue tbh.

now to source the springer seat.....

$%28KGrHqV,%21pEE63YiCpO%21BO9,nOZmhg~~6 Some were like this and some were like this. custom_leather_motorcycle_seats_braided. They were all bloody uncomfortable and your arse WILL go numb :biglaugha:

Hey buddy, i had a sprung seat on my XVS650 bobber and it was bloody horrid to ride as its already got rear suspension so the seat springs and the standard swing arm springs where almost fighting against each other. They are great if you have a hard tail but not for the soft tails.

if you do go for it then the old fanny pads that Slice showed you are great if not the other way to go is to make your own, if you have a black mudguard then get some strong black Velcro and you can then put the pad on and off as you please. I have even seen it done with suction cups. ;)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online