grasping at straws please help

rlund25
This post is 3296 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so i have a 82 maxim dohc only mods uni foam filters. Since i have owned the bike it will not rev over 6k it just sits at 6k it misses and stumbles and bucks. Once i ride around for awhile at 6k it stumbles and bucks and surges and all of a sudden it takes off all the way to redline shift into next gear and it goes all the way to redline. In other words when its hot she runs perfect except for it does drop in rpm at cruise every once and while like a dead miss thats car language but i think it translates over to this.

Ok i have cleaned carbs multiple times with cleaner and compressed air then after that and no change i had my friend who has a ultrasonic cleaner clean them for me twice. i reassembled and no change. I have replaced the tci module with a known good one. i have replaced the plug wires and plug caps and plugs. I replaced butterfly shaft seals. i turned the petcock to prime position. I have changed the oil. resistance in coils pickup coils are good. Bike is charging properly checked that. i have shimmed the needle up all the way and down all the way. I have gone down with jetting to 127.5 up to 160. hgher i go with mains the more it bogs

I rev the bike in nuetral and the slides lift all the way up i have ran it with no pods. i have tried everything on this bike im out of ideas. My next step is replace ignition coils and if that doesnt fix it im trading it in for a new bike i love this bike when it gets hot and runs right it is so freaking fun please help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip " them pod filters are gash, next time she bucks and stumbles, pull on the choke, if she takes off, then its lean, ,if it bogs[ whitch I doubt] then its rich . :yeah:

Yeh " shes rich then, are the plugs blackened ? as he says, gotta go back to basics, and work up,

I had very similar problem with mine after cleaning carbs several times it turned out to be a intermediate fault in the CDI, as said above though these bikes don't like pod filters and is very hard to get it right with them on. also very important not to get jets mixed up when cleaning as they are jetted differently for each carb

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online