YBR 125 Dashboard (left) Indicator replacement

Harlin67
This post is 3273 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello.

Couple of questions if I might :)

1. Noticed this morning that my left hand indicator 'flasher' on the dash has stopped. Indicator works (clicks as well), but there is no flashing green arrow. Right hand side is fine. Popping down to my local bike shop tomorrow, and he asked if I could remove the bulb to identify/replace it. I've checked the manual, and can't seem to find if there is a simple method to access the bulbs on the dash?

2. I'm finding its often tricky to find neutral, I either get a green light, and its a false neutral, or it just clicks up from 1st, and it goes into 2nd. I know this seems to be a known issue on YBRs, but it seems to happen every time I drive. I'm just a little concerned as I have had 'Ruby' for a week, and she has been good as gold, but she's a 2013 with only 400 miles on the clock, should I look into it, or is it part of the character?

Any suggestions would be welcome :)

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi H , you may have to remove the clocks to get at the bulb . Check your clutch cable adjustment and also your chain adjustment , make sure it's lubed and properly tensioned . Both can affect your gearchange , and check your gear lever is not loose on the shaft .

Hi H , you may have to remove the clocks to get at the bulb . Check your clutch cable adjustment and also your chain adjustment , make sure it's lubed and properly tensioned . Both can affect your gearchange , and check your gear lever is not loose on the shaft .

Its just been serviced, and only 400 miles on the clock, so I'd hoped the chain was fine (I had checked and its well lubed), but I'll have a check on both the chain and the clutch adjustment in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Bulbs are normally held in with rubber plugs. They can be fiddly to change and I don't have any specific knowledge of the YBR. See if you can watch if you get the dealer to change the bulb for future reference.

Chains can affect how hard it is to get neutral and I would also check that first. With only 400 miles one the clock I too would get at least a couple of thousand on the bike before I worried. While that is happening you could try to gently rock the bike forward and back as you engage neutral at sets of traffic lights or slowly release the clutch until you can feel the biting point and then pull the clutch in as you search for neutral.

Good luck.

Righto.

So, its never simple is it :)

Replaced the bulb, tested it, failed. I'm assuming now this is more like a relay/wire issue? All other lights on the dash work fine, and the indicators all work, front and back, as does the clicking. Its just the left dash flasher..

Any thoughts? :)

PS forgot to think 'logically'. I will try both bulbs in the working indicator/dash, and vice versa before I make any assumptions.

Checking another bulb, as you said, is the first test. If it still doesn't work then it will be the feed or earth to that bulb holder or the holder itself. What does the inside of the holder look like? is it corroded? if not then there will be a break in one of the wires feeding it.

OK.

Is it a capless bulb or a bayonet? Make sure that the holder terminals are making contact with the bulb. A multimeter is the best way of testing faulty electrics.

So started to check the different bulbs etc, and during this process, the light started working, but as if it was not connected, so flashing, then 1/2 flashing, like a loose connection. I turned on the main beam, just for randomness, then off again, and now its working (for the moment). Seems like a loose wire possibly, but not got my Haynes manual yet, so no idea where the connectors go.

I believe its capless, as in pure glass, with only the metal connections/wires. No metal sheath etc, just glass. Its a 12v 2w bulb (although the new one sold to me was 12v 5w, which they say is fine)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online