xt660 r front fork

dargoion
This post is 3265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there , these can be a bit tricky as the damper rod inside the fork spins with the bolt as you turn it . Sometimes you can crack 'em loose with an impact screwdriver with the right bit for the allen head bolt . Failing that , a broomhandle or similar with a taper shaved into it . Push the broomhandle down the fork until it wedges tightly into the top of the damper rod . You should then be able to loosen the retaining bolt . Why are you taking them apart ?

i jumped a large bump at hight speed and after a few days i seen oil under the bike i looked it to is and seen its comin from the front dampers i guess one off those rubber seals are gone ordered a new set off them and now i want to change them (if i manage to take that screw off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try watching this. https://youtu.be/vrmYJgcGX30

Made easy when you know how and what tools you can use that you have in your shed.

• Like 1

1c0d5da8b93ad73f166651e3dcd8fb26.jpg

but i drowed blood actually the hammer did ;) a few advices for all who tries to do it first and most important get a good broom handle mine almost braked and get stucked inside :( second keep trying i did it after the fifth time:)

tks Kevin for advices the hit the spot:)

• Like 1

i want to change the brake plates and i see that are 2 tipes ceramic ones and metal ones the price gap is small only 4 euros diference for the metal ones now really idk what to choose:( whats the diference between them?

Simple answer is no, just do them up to the torque setting and leave them there, never add stuff that was not there in the first place, at the correct torque they will be fine.

• Like 1