AIS removal and modification

PyroVee
This post is 3299 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I know this isn't a yamaha (please feel free to move or remove as required) however this forum is the only place I have ever managed to get solid answers for my projects. The bike in question is a 2008 Hyosung GV250. I have removed the airbox and carbs for cleaning and would like to modify it with aftermarket parts. - However as this is my first time working on an engine, I haven't got much of a clue as to what I am doing here. I would like to remove the AIS and whatever it is that clutters the engine up. I have attached a diagram as to what I plan to do - if you could please let me know if this will work or if there is anything I should be doing instead.

Thanks in advance

ftQbRa.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

These things are usually there for a reason, not saying you can't modify it but why are you wanting to do this? has someone told you this can be done and if so what did they say it would achieve by removing all these bits? By the way it don't matter what bike you ride ! :jossun:

Some add air to the exhaust. Some rebreathe some of the exhaust gasses. Depends.

Its normally done to reduce Exhaust emmisions.

People do remove things like this but it can play havoc with your fueling and any catylitic units in the exhaust.

it can be removed but. if you have CV carbs on it. save yourself a lot of hassle and keep the airbox. cv carbs hate pod filters. i mean really hate them..

Thanks for all the replies guys, I have decided to keep all of the tubes on there with the exception of the one leading from the AIS to the airbox (as the box will be removed) I think i'll put on small pod filters on the carbs and another one on the AIS. Fingers crossed and i'll keep you updated as to whether or not I blow myself up haha :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online