Shorts and shirts?

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3298 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is one of my pet hates. Young kids on bikes in the summer wearing just jeans and teeshirts with no gloves.

But I'm glad he has had the inituitive to show that to let others know what can happen.

• Like 2

I come off my bike for the first time not to long back.. Was raining heavily so I shouldn't of went out but no other choice.. My little tyre hit a stone and took me off at about 20... I skidded a good distance but without the full gear I paid for my knee and right side would off been a mess.

I am dreading the summer but safety comes first

• Like 1

That's not you is it Andrew?

Hell no! I don't even go to the local shop without heavy duty gear on.

I came off my old ped at 10mph in snow. Torn ligaments and a scar on my elbow caused by a jumper!

I see people here all the time without helmets or any other gear :crazy: I'm far too attached to my teeth and skin to go without gear.

Them rhinestones wont wear down fast, council will prob charge you for the road damage..

I came off my old ped at 10mph in snow. Torn ligaments and a scar on my elbow caused by a jumper!

a jumper left a scar? that's some jumper or did you fall off under a bridge just as a suicide was taking place.

It was a thick ribbed jumper!

wow, never thought it could do that

It was a thick ribbed jumper!

Good job you didn't have your ribbed tights on :spin2:

• Like 4

I came off a Vespa when I was 18 wearing a bomber jacket.

The slide fused the jacket to my elbow and they had to cut it off at the hospital. The melted nylon had left a small clear window looking into the hole in my elbow.

Lesson learnt.

lidl and aldi still have underwear things. I use them in Romania last year with full bike gear at 36-40 degrees with success. is macking a huge difference during the summer. also make your ride very confortable. the price is something like 24 pounds for both. also are good during the winter, is keeping your body temp at 25 degree. if you like something better, you can search on motorcycle accessories shops. at getgeared in leeds, I found some nice underwear some for summer some for winter, but the price is 45-60 pounds for piece.

Another no-gear thread?

Must be Summer..... :lol:

I'd chip in with my thoughts on riding without protective kit, but I'm sure everyone's heard them before and I don't fancy getting people from other forums coming to bitch about it again!! :lol:

• Like 3