finally! my baby drag is running

Carolina Spur
This post is 3266 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After weeks of tearing down and checking timing finding little thing improperly put back together etc. My XVS 125 is purring like a kitten. The new lump was put together by a novice and in no way was the professional he was said to be.

That being said, it was all new parts and. "doable" I had the timing right but in fact the cams were reversed. I didn't catch that the wrong valve was opening only that they were shutting and the engine had compression.

My shop had it going in a couple of hours and gave it an MOT service , chain adjustment etc. And I'm ready to ride!

So for anyone who is following my post showing the timing marks lining up, they are in fact spot on but before tearing your bike engine down mark the heads one and two as there are no visible indicators that show a difference and you cant see the shaft because the rockers are hiding it. Thanks for the info guys hope this helps someone in the future

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done mate, bet you breathed a sigh of relief, now all you need to do is NOT fall off :biglaugha:

• Like 1

GREAT stuff spur " it was 21 degrees up north today, :jossun: , get out and enjoy it,

and that's a new one that, the cams, good info, :thumb:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to get my bike out of the shop. (they charged me a bloody fortune. Got 5 miles down the road and she started dying. I got it cranked back up but she only runs with the choke on? It quit again and I realised it was out of petrol!! hahaha got fueled up and she died three more times before getting home and had to choke it again to stay running. I see guys posting that same issue on here. Could it be a bad fuel pump? didnt put it on prime to see if that was it yet will do later today.

https://youtu.be/oQioD0gh60g

could be rubbish in the fuel too blocking the carb, check tank filter as you have run low and it draws the dregs from the bottom of th tank

bikes are good characer buiding machines ;)

• Like 1

It in fact was silicone sucked into the main jet.

sounds like a boomtown rats song..

"silicone chips inside my carb...."

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online