Someone tried to steal my bike!!!

mfrowen
This post is 3277 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I hope this in the right section.

So just another Friday at work looking forward for 2pm to come and leave for easter before my dreaded shift to change from days to nights.

2pm comes and I clock out. I approach my bike and turn the alarm off later I realise I forgot to arm it..(Found out the auto-arm featute does not work lol) and take off the chain. I go to put my key in and this is what I seen..

http://imgur.com/qaEMMj1

Instantly I was angry and decided to speak to security. His response was I didn't see anything mate sorry.. Nice to know my company employs competent staff..

Anyways CCTV is poor quality and you can see a guy come through the gates and quickly got spooked by something or someone and ran off. A camera caught him jumping into a van outside of the gates.

I don't get how there's always some selfish c***s who want to spoil something what we work hard and graft for just to fill there coffers. Police have done nothing and didn't even give me a call back after saying they would. Not surprised though.

Going to cost my about £230 (Genuine Parts) including labour charges to replace everything to use one key.. How easy would this be to fix myself to avoid having to pay £50 worth of labour and would it be worth looking into buying an aftermarket set?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ya fker MF" that was close to loosing your bike, they had the van too , what spooked him,, the lazy security guard,

Very lucky indeed.. could off rode off with it too, you can start it with a flat head screwdriver now haha.

No the security guard was to busy on his fking laptop to look at the security panel. It was parked next to management office and clock in doors so a number of people could of spooked him But if the alarm was armed he would of got stopped.

get on ebay for the parts and do it yourself it's easy . check that the locking mech isn't damaged though.

The steering lock is fine, he didn't get time to snap it. So would it not make much difference if I get genuine or ebay parts?I don't really want to void my warranty with no genuine parts though

im not realey your man on legality's .

I would just use yambits or someone , call me Mr cheap and cheerful .

you'll get what you need on ebay but you'll have to use a separate key for ignition, its also a good idea to look at heavy duty lock & chain or maybe a disc lock if you had one on chances are they would have left it alone and looked for an easier target.

you can re-key the lock very easily or get a locksmith to do it.

I re keyed my FZ locks to fit one key

Sounds like a good idea! Anything to save me money lol. I have a disc lock but the key snapped last week and locksmith couldn't get it out but going to get a new one Thursday

you can re-key the lock very easily or get a locksmith to do it.

I re keyed my FZ locks to fit one key

if the scumbag had a van, he WILL be back to steal it. move it and lock it to the biggest thing you can find.

sit on it . that will stop them nicking it. :biglaugha:

with a sawn off that will help