crap horn

meatloaf
This post is 3282 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Like most bikes the horn on my bike is crap and I am thinking of replacing it with one that people could actually hear, does anyone know of a good loud horn that they could recomend.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have one of these on mine, gets the wax out of peoples ears !!! 799322142_o.jpg?nc=315ebay £2.75

• Like 1

I just got one from china via banggood web site, £6 delivered and its bloody loud

http://www.banggood.com/MOCC-Motorcycle-Horn-12V-Automobile-Snail-Electric-Horn-Loudspeakers-p-927613.html

Meatloaf, you got the horn yet? :eusa_whistle:

I'm always horny.

Think I will go with twin air horns but can I do a straight swop or do I need to use a relay?

• 3 weeks later...

They use a relay.

I keep hearing about (and so considering) Monster horns and Snail horns... basically most 12v ones, which are so powerful they need the engine running to sound.

Got a pair like the ones slice is showing. Low and high tones make enough noise to wake even BMW X5 owners. Had to put a relay in the circuit as the original single wiring loop didn't have enough grunt to get 'em both talking.

I have mounted those dual tone horns you find on ebay around 10-11 pounds, no relay need, you just need find a way to connect both horns. I don`t find on the internet or car part shops already builded so I build at home a split. is working perfect, no engine running needed... that is for 12v battery.

As above, just split the wires and have 2 take off's to the separate horns, simples !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online