History,

Noise
This post is 3301 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks,

I was thinking last night that maybe it would be cool to see if i could dig out / find any history on the CB chop that i have just bought, but is this actually possible?

All i have got is a frame number and engine number and just know that it was imported from the States?

Is there any sites that anyone knows of that gives history of vehicles over the pond? would love to find out who the owner was back in the day.

Also i have to try and get hold of a dating certificate, anyone know the best way to do that as well?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ask Sacha or one of the others from over the pond they might have the info to hand, can't hurt to ask, and as far as DATING is concerned have you told your wife about this? :biglaugha:

• Like 2

Yer good idea, not about the dating thing.

thanks for the link Drew just applied to sign up to the SOHC/4 forum to see if they can help too but most forums i look into about this type of thing suggest contacting Honda UK but apparently you have to hassle them to reply to you and also they cock up the engine numbers you give them.

Might do, no harm in asking i guess.

I was hard-pressed to get info on my DT. Because of privacy laws, only certain entities can search the database for names and other personal info. I was able to fill out some paper work explaining why I needed to know the previous owner's name and contact info though. I can look up the form tomorrow and let you know, but different states may have different procedures.

• Like 2

That will be cool hun, if its too much of a red tape piss about don't worry as I'll just contact honda uk and see what they can do.

I submitted the Idaho Motor Vehicle Record Request, which includes a list of possible reasons for allowing them to disclose personal information. Because the DT had been given to me without a title, I requested the current titled owner so I could contact them to release the title. Unfortunately, I was unable to contact them, but I was able to show that I tried so I was issued a "conditional" title for three years. If the titled owner comes forward before that three years is up they could try to take the DT from me. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be able to since it's been in my possession for over a decade, but...

Anyway, I also have another PDF that outlines how to request infromation for each state. I can't find it online again, but I sent it to you in a PM. Do you know which state it was registered in?

Good luck!

No idea.what state she came from but i can ask the guy who.sold me the bike as he imports from the US all the time. I got to contact him anyway as he still ows me a mini drum brake to go on the front wheel.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online