Project Jennifer

Noise
This post is 2998 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After Wednesday night buddy that would have been the case! was in A&E from 2030hrs till 0245hrs with a piece of wire brush lodged in my eye ball which managed to get past my goggles, and i can tell you that even though they numbed it with drops, clamped my eye open with some sort of medieval under eye lid device then come at you with tweezers there is no way that you NOT going to blink even with them telling you not too <_<

still.............................oil pump and sump is on at least ha-ha

Bloody hell ! That was unlucky

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Making good progress now, gearbox is in, kick start mechanism is in after some choice words, crank is in along with the chains and the final drive sprocket.

Hopefully the bank account is OK for me to get the SS  nuts n bolts to bolt the cases back together and then it's onto the middle and top end. :)

Making good progress now, gearbox is in, kick start mechanism is in after some choice words, crank is in along with the chains and the final drive sprocket.

Hopefully the bank account is OK for me to get the SS  nuts n bolts to bolt the cases back together and then it's onto the middle and top end. :)

try a2 a4 fixings, good website and the cheapest I've been to.

no kits but I'm sure you can use a vernier caliper

WTF is that all about ???? 5 posts from GUEST? that won't open anyone know who this is and what the problem with his/her posts are?

Edited by slice

WTF is that all about ???? 5 posts from GUEST? that won't open anyone know who this is and what the problem with his/her posts are?

ignore them Slice,spambot invasion.

unless you like a trojan on your PC don't open them

try a2 a4 fixings, good website and the cheapest I've been to.

no kits but I'm sure you can use a vernier caliper

Thanks for that Drew, think i'll just pop to my local nuts n bolts shop and throw the bag of rusty ones at them and get a kit made up. normally only costs about £20 ish.

These are the only bit holding me up with bolting the cases back together now, i put the gear selector mechanism in last night and she selects all 5 gears nice a smoothly.

Im still um and arring about the final paint scheme tho. 

Have a few drinks and play something like Deep Purple loud, then FEEL the paint scheme man.

• Like 3

I'd dry build the bike and get it outside and see where it takes you

• Like 2

You could do as Drewpy says and feel the paint scheme, try some "tobacco substitute" that usually helps !!

pregnant-smoking-weed-150x150s-300x300.jsmoking-weed-legal-funny-pictures.jpg

Edited by slice
  • Like 1

Well i think i have the paint sorted, i have been fortunate enough to have gotten a chap called Joeby airbrush on board who has been doing this sort of thing since 1974 and he is more keen to get started than i am! his paint jobs have won loads of "best in show" and has been featured in a fair few biker mags too :) 

Going to be sitting down with him to come up with a "nod to the 70's" paint job but till then ill say what i have in my head (subject to change)

• Candy apple red frame & oil tank with light sliver flake & pine stripes
  • Candy apple red fuel tank with silver flake, scallops re-done with mural airbrushed inside with pin stripes
  • Candy apple red rear mudguard with silver flake and pin stripes
  • Black chrome rims, hubs, rocker cover, other engine covers, springer fork parts and sissy bar
  • Gold plated valve covers, springs, drum brake leavers and assorted other small parts

Again that can all change depending on what Joeby brings to the table

• Like 1

Well i think i have the paint sorted, i have been fortunate enough to have gotten a chap called Joeby airbrush on board who has been doing this sort of thing since 1974 and he is more keen to get started than i am! his paint jobs have won loads of "best in show" and has been featured in a fair few biker mags too :) 

Going to be sitting down with him to come up with a "nod to the 70's" paint job but till then ill say what i have in my head (subject to change)

• Candy apple red frame & oil tank with light sliver flake & pine stripes
  • Candy apple red fuel tank with silver flake, scallops re-done with mural airbrushed inside with pin stripes
  • Candy apple red rear mudguard with silver flake and pin stripes
  • Black chrome rims, hubs, rocker cover, other engine covers, springer fork parts and sissy bar
  • Gold plated valve covers, springs, drum brake leavers and assorted other small parts

Again that can all change depending on what Joeby brings to the table

sounds great, he has a website and seems a down to earth guy

%7Boption%7Dhttp://joebysairbrushart.co.uk/gallery/completed-bikes/TRIUMPH OF DEATH.jpg

those finned covers,Mike bought a set from a Thailand eBay seller £60

• 3 weeks later...

Will you put a front mudguard on 'er Noise ?  It might help keep all that lovely paint in good order .  And it's no fun riding in the wet without one ,

You mean it would be less miserable than riding a hardtail springer at any other time?

I doubt it will see rain, even high humidity, even distant low pressure with the paint and chrome work will keep it safely under cover..

It will be more work of art than bike.

• Like 3

Na no front mudguard, Betty (my last chop) didn't have one and yes riding her in the wet was more......um.......wet but all was fine. 

Jenny will see rain but only if I'm caught in it as she will be used for nice days, as she's of the older  bikes she needs looking after. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

God i really think i need to get back onto this one! nearly been a year and i still haven't bolted the crank cases together of even bought the bolts to do the job yet :unsure:

Im from darn South in Yeovil Somerset.