Project Jennifer

Noise
This post is 2998 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, as one door closes another will open.

As we all know now Betty has rode off into the distance with a new owner with her beautiful rumble still ringing in my ears, as this sad occasion passes by the void she has left has now been filled with Jennifer.

Jennifer will be arriving at the house on Thursday where i can study her curves and lines and finally get to see what needs to be done to create a totally beautiful mechanical masterpiece.

So what is Jennifer? what does she look like? is she a Yamaha?

Well Jennifer is a 1972 Honda CB750 Chopper :eusa_dance:

She's a bit of a dog at the moment and is yet to be UK registered due to being imported from the US but i can not wait to get stuck into her.

http://www.bike4sale.co/detail/FeeVPmmPooAFFoocVFL/Honda-CB750-72-Soft-Tail-Old-School-Chopper-Springer-front

Going to give myself a year to get her up to snuff but im not rushing this one, she is coming out perfect!

She's going to be gloss black with gold / Chrome with red and gold leaf scallops on the tank (if i can find someone to do gold leaf)

I just love the twisted steel and plunger frame! totally stoked at getting stuck into her :hyper:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice bike!

I can safely say I've never seen rear suspension like that..... looks cool though.

You'd want to have great faith in the bolts holding on that sissy bar leaning back as a passenger at 70mph :razz:

Great find.

These were the bike to have back in the 70s, nice find Noise, the only thing that was a real worry on them was the flex in the forks on bumpy ground, if you want to know what that looks like watch "EASY RIDER" near the end going down a flat but roly road & cornering is a bitch, but would I ride another one, OH YES bring it on. Look forward to the workshop thread mate. :jossun:

Well that escalated quickly! Jennifer is being delivered tonight!!!

O too right drew im keeping her as 70's as i can, dunno if I'll go complete acid trip on the paint job tho?

O too right drew im keeping her as 70's as i can, dunno if I'll go complete acid trip on the paint job tho?

some cracking candy paint jobs doing the rounds now

Your off the Christmas card list! Stand in the corner and have a word with yourself haha.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the progress on this one, yes keep the 70's look you know it makes sense.

Well I thought I better start posting up some pictures of the head ache.......I mean Jennifer haha

She looks so much better in the pictures than she really does.

Her in the carport

DSC_1036_zpszbam2ruw.jpg

Right side of the motor

DSC_1037_zpsnpc5povr.jpg

The well and truly fooled seat

DSC_1038_zpstzgouckt.jpg

The tatty tank

DSC_1039_zpslfnez0z2.jpg

Not so lovely springers

DSC_1040_zps73o6guvp.jpg

Hmmm new chrome needed........and lots of it.

DSC_1041_zpszevuwp3c.jpg

Rust, rust and more pissing rust.

DSC_1042_zpsww3t0h3t.jpg

Poorly exhausts

DSC_1043_zpsyhxtidrf.jpg

Carbs look good but are truly fooled

DSC_1044_zpsafbcmsv1.jpg

And lastly the plunger rear end, need I say any more

DSC_1045_zpssjwsvr7x.jpg

Well you had best be sitting down when the chroming bill arrives, still it will look the dogs bollocks when it's finished mate. Still think it's a smashing little bike tho.

get them chromed quickly before the law comes in as they will look yellow at best with the new legal chrome recipe

Is it changing then? That's not going to be good as I'm looking at next year til the chrome and paint is to be done, looking at gold plating bits too with a touch of gold leaf, thankfully the wife is ok with me doing it too as once I get my test done to teach cbt's then the money I get from that is going on the chop

It's just this registering her part that's confusing me, far too much red tape but it'll soon get there.

Is it changing then? That's not going to be good as I'm looking at next year til the chrome and paint is to be done, looking at gold plating bits too with a touch of gold leaf, thankfully the wife is ok with me doing it too as once I get my test done to teach cbt's then the money I get from that is going on the chop

It's just this registering her part that's confusing me, far too much red tape but it'll soon get there.

Just checked, its coming into practise in 2019 so you should be ok :)