Tyres for 2009onwards XJ6/Diversion.

monkeyjim
This post is 3104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi ,

I have got to 45,000 miles on my 09 XJ6 and in need of another set of tyres .

I commute and my aim is to beat the jams to work and not get there as quick as possible so I am not hard on tyres and can get 10,000 miles out of a set , however the Michelins on at the moment have done 5,000 and although they are not worn out do not have much left and rear has a slow puncture .

I have had 2 sets of Bridgestone BT021 and got 10,000 but the bike is not great on those and the front tyre wears badly on one side and was illegal before the rear on both sets .

I have also had Avon Storms and again got 10k out of them and I did quite like them but felt like trying another brand hence the current Michelins.

I realise some people may only get a few thousand miles out of a tyre and may well have only done that on the brands I have already mentioned but we all ride differently and would like to know if people have used a Pirelli ,Dunlop or Conti and what there views are on them on this bike .

Thanks ,

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's great milage jim,, I would go for the best wet rated tyre, as most tyres are good in the dry,, Metzler get good reports .. :yeah:

Metzler are good mileage tyres and so are Pirellis, I have the Pirelli on the rear of my bike right now and it has about 5K on it and no appreciable wear to speak of which is amazing considering it's got all that horse power going through it.

Michelin Pilot road 3's or 4's are good, great in the wet. Dunlop Roadsmarts also. You won't go wrong with any dual compound sports touring tyre to be fair.

• Like 1

pirelli angels are great. good grip wet or dry and seem to last for ages. i had them on the firestorm and even doing the odd track day the rear still lasted near 7k

• 2 weeks later...

You can't go wrong with many, tbh. But I do rate the Michelin Pilot Roads, myself.

Thanks for the input guys .

However, are there any XJ6/Diversion owners out there who could give additional input for this bike .

I want to know peoples experience of tyre brands on this bike other than ones I have already used .

David

Afraid I can't specifically speak for the XJ. I've got a Triumph ST.

Got over 12,000 miles out of my Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tyres thus far. Back looks a little square, but still legal. Front is holding up great. Road through winter with no worrying squirms out of them.

Next tyres will be Michelin PR4's. Changed to them with the Tiger and they felt great. Generally very positive reviews about them across forums and different styles of bikes.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online