YBR125 Threaded Bolt

mfrowen
This post is 3294 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello.

I went to remove my panels so I could clean the grime and bird s**t which dribbled down the back of my panel (Air Filter Element side) but when I did, the bolt has threaded and I can't remove it...

The panel has been removed a few times when I got my alarm/immobilser fitted and did notice the panel weren't sitting flush against hole. Wondering whats the best was to remove the bolt without damaging the panel and will the plastic where the bolt goes in have to be changed or re threaded?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What do you mean by threaded? Do you mean stripped, ie the bolt just spins round without screwing out? or is the head (socket or hex) rounded off?

Thanks for both your replies. Sorry I didn't explain more. The hex head of the bolt is fine but the thread is stripped so the bolt is just spinning.

I can drill the bolt out but will I need to make a new thread for the replacement bolt? I imagin

Sounds like its stripped, , get a small fork shaped piece of firm plastic , put it behind the screw head, then use a cordless drill in reverse ,with the appropriate phillips /pozzy head driver bit, pressure [ wi fork] as you back it out,

• Like 1

ok hex bit, [ posted at same time]. you can helli coil the stripped thread.

Sounds like its stripped, , get a small fork shaped piece of firm plastic , put it behind the screw head, then use a cordless drill in reverse ,with the appropriate phillips /pozzy head driver bit, pressure [ wi fork] as you back it out,

Will I need to make a new thread after for the bolt to bite?

Will I need to make a new thread after for the bolt to bite?

Maybe not. Like Blackhat says, if you can get something behind the bolt head to lever while unscrewing.it might just be the screw thats stripped, if youre lucky.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online