Day dreaming

iandouglas
This post is 3321 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have this day dream issue

I'm not rich but constantly think of other bikes

It is a nuisance because there really is not anything wrong with the bike I have

I think it might be a general motorbike thing,

For a long time it was a fazer 600, the early box eye one until I finally realised it

was not for me, now it is an old xj900 pre diversion, been looking for months, but

At least these are still yamahas.

The grass is not always greener in any event so I do not know why I do it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Out of interest what was it about the Boxeye that turned you off it ?

I thought is was Foxeye " Anyway, I"v lusted after a few models, and then owned them ,,,The mighty H2 and the Z900 , but ended back on the DT"s ,,,

Watching a few bike pass today :yes:,[ I was up scaffold] cant wait to get her out,,, :jossun: ..

I think the fox eye is the mark 2 version, still like the box eye but think now, after a few alarming experiences, that I would just end up getting myself into trouble, I know all that stuff about a bike only going as fast as you turn the tap on but I am no good at self control and thus better off with a less powerful bike.

The xj 900 thing has come about simply because it looks like it might be a big comfy version of what I have got already and that has a certain attraction but really the post was about there always being something else out there that one mentally might latch on to rather than just being content.

Could be my age, personality, who knows - once I said something along these lines to a friend and he said give your own bike a good clean up and I must say that does work.

I do that a lot, but it annoys me, I have so many plans, cusom frame bobber with a low capacity V-twin, a Honda CB cafe racer, A Suzuki Bandit stunt bike, a bobber rat bike, an XJ as a daily rider, a steam powered bike, electric bike, a few classics I'd love to own, and many more plans.

But I'm too damn poor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online