DT80MX Clutch

reecer705
This post is 3295 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks, that would make it three then.....Brief history, bought a DT80MX which was nice but seemed to be put together by Stevie Wonder.....Had a bad slipping clutch and on inspection had a DT 50MX Clutch basket assembly fitted which might have explained the problem.....Managed to obtain a rare now 80 mx completed clutch assy, fitted it but still seems to slip a bit......done all the adjusting I can but still slips....new friction plates etc etc. Just got some heavy duty springs which i hope will solve it. The mad thing is if you go on the Yamaha data system for parts it shows 4 friction plates which contradicts the Micro Fich which shows 3........!!!!!! Hence this post.

Pip and Peg.....No idea....replaced the complete clutch mech and operating system......checked both push rods and even the ball bearing..... all is there and fine. Clutch seems to slip when the bike hits the small power band but does it less when warm.....if you go easy on the throttle hardly slips at all.. complete mystery.....maybe I am just a fat twat

I've got a couple of manuals back on base but I'm away until Sunday night, if you PM me your email address I will scan the info sheet and send it over to you when I'm back.

Also, are you using a motorcycle specific oil?, generic oil for car engines contains mobylene which causes wet clutches to slip, that was the problem with my DT50 until I changed it for the right oil.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online