YBR125 No spark

Trooper
This post is 3301 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Wondering if someone can help me out here. Just replaced the ignition on my YBR125 (carbed model) and now the spark plug isn't sparking. Replaced it, still no spark. I'm suspecting that either the coil or the CDI has gone but I'm not sure how to check it. Don't know if I was testing it right but I seemed to be getting power into the CDI (hovering around 10 volts, don't know if it was a bad connection or what) but couldn't get anything at the coil. I really don't want the CDI to have blown because that's probably the most expensive part of the electrical system..

Seen a few reports of problems with the spark plug after changing the ignition on this bike, something to do with it being wired up wrong. The ignition does come on, all lights on, engine turns over on the button but no spark. I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Found this, is it any help in tracing the wiring to see if that might be the problem, (open source on the net) 1277949121185_hz-myalibaba-temp13_208.jp

No copyright to this picture folks.

Or this one maybe? 1271928153595_hz_myalibaba_web8_2373.jpg

Yeh"

see that Black/White, to CDI , WELL DISCONECT THAT , then see if she sparks, is theres a spark , then its you ignition that's at fault,

I take it the kill switch on bars is on :eusa_think:

Yeh"

see that Black/White, to CDI , WELL DISCONECT THAT , then see if she sparks, is theres a spark , then its you ignition that's at fault,

I take it the kill switch on bars is on :eusa_think:

The YBR doesn't have a kill switch. New CDI arriving tomorrow. Lets see

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online