XJ600 won't spark!

Robby
This post is 3191 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Robby

Which coils did you replace?......the one's above the motor in the frame? :unsure:

I had this prob once with my old XJ550.....ended up being the pick-up coils down on the left end of the crank...which send the signal up to the primary coils above the motor. ;)

When I bought mine, they came already mounted to the stator plate as an assembly.....made for an easy install......just scribe marks around the existing stator plate to maintain the timing position.....then unscrew the old & install the new assembly...& you're good to go!....Pretty much a No-Brainer. ;)

Hope this helps--

:welcome: to the forum Robby

Which coils did you replace?......the one's above the motor in the frame? :unsure:

I had this prob once with my old XJ550.....ended up being the pick-up coils down on the left end of the crank...which send the signal up to the primary coils above the motor. ;)

When I bought mine, they came already mounted to the stator plate as an assembly.....made for an easy install......just scribe marks around the existing stator plate to maintain the timing position.....then unscrew the old & install the new assembly...& you're good to go!....Pretty much a No-Brainer. ;)

Hope this helps--

Yamahead. Thanks for the welcome. Yeh it was the top coils I replaced. I will try the bottom coil you suggested. I was told it was the CDI ignition box but I reckon your suggestion is a cheaper one to go for first!! Cheers Robby

• 9 years later...

Hi, i appreciate this is an old thread, but would the pick up coils affect only one of the top coils?

The reason for the question is that i have a 1995 XJ 600S and it is only running on the 2 centre cylinders ie sparking from 1 coil. I have swopped the coils over but it makes no difference

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online