My XJ6 Reactions video

captf
This post is 3219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Enjoyed the vid mate, can I say one thing tho, without being nasty mind, you do very few "lifesavers" over the shoulder, don't just rely on your mirrors all the time, other than that it was nice to see the traffic disappear in your mirrors as you left the lights. it's not "just a 600" it's YOUR 600. :jossun:

Lol... Your nervous breathing at the beginning - I was exactly like that when I picked up the Tiger! I had a ride back home from Chesterfield where there were diversions etc in place, was so shakey! Collected my thoughts at home then went out for several hours. I did exactly the same as you and really had to be careful with the throttle. The pick-up was crazy! Collecting the ST was a much more muted affair.

Enjoy it, and stay safe! Great choice of bike and I'm sure you'll have many great adventures over summer.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the video almost as much you did making it. Got to agree with statement re the life saver. Hopefully might just be camera angle. Looks like your in for a hell of good time with YOUR 600

• Like 1

loved it,took me back to when I first rode my 1st big bike ( a Honda CB900 from a kh125)

I see you live 2 doors away from my friends house (the Rose's) ;)

wait till you use all the rev range on acceleration :hyper:

re: lifesavers - a lot I think is camera angle. I'm normally quite good for them. Although, I do admit there are spots I don't... [i think I know a couple of the spots you mean]

I actually live a bit further down from there, Drewpy - that's just where I had the bike dropped off, by the entrance to the garages.

One thing I've definitely loved so far [beyond having torque] is how much people actually comment on it in the street... random strangers just commenting "nice bike!"

I've also found there's a range of revs [not paid attention to yet], where I can kick it up to second from first, and it's got more torque than it had in first. It keeps making me go "whoa, fuck!" as I give it too much (:

Ha " :babyha: that was brilliant,,,,i laughed when you took off at lights. as I know the feeling,,, keep safe,,, :jossun:

Loved it, its obvious that you are going to enjoy your new bike. stay safe.

Cracking video buddy and its great to hear the happiness in your voice!

Can i add my pennies worth in tho too, i would recommend mounting that Go Pro onto your handlebars rather than your skid lid. Reason i say this is that on Saturday when i was at my training school my boss told me of one of our old students binned his bike at low speeds (less than 30MPH) and he had severe head injury due to his helmet mounted Go Pro.

Skid lids are designed to spread the load of an impact over a wider area and these helmet mounted Go Pros are now adding a very small center of pressure in one spot creating a weak spot. think of pushing the palm of your hand into sand (don't go in that far / hard to do) but then you push one finger into the same spot of sand and it will dig in very easy.

Just something i / we found out the other day and thought id share with you all.

Stay safe buddy and enjoy the miles per smiles ;)

It's honestly something I've wondered what will happen, upon impact. I mean, the camera will get obliterated, but is there surface area under it enough that it won't be a major impact point?

There is also the case where, on any impact, the force is enough to cause it to rip away from the helmet.

And the mounting, the way it's shaped should, I believe, crumple once the camera is gone.

I know the main reason that it's helmet mounted is that I believe it important to show where I am looking - like in the instance of someone coming up beside me causing an accident. A forward facing cam may not see that; me being able to look will.

I get what you're saying, but I'm weighing it up as an acceptable risk. For now.

Yer thats cool buddy totally up to you thats the joys of a forum and giving advice haha

Nice vid captf you do realize you've shown all the bike thieves in manchester area where your going to be parking you pride & joy while your in work! not on here maybe but on youtube, hope you have a good lock on it

Yer it was mate, wasn't the camera but the actual mounting as cap said. Such a lot of force being put on a small area.

• 2 months later...

Na, I'm OK with people knowing where I am - I've mentioned it a few times elsewhere and probably in the videos.

I assume you mean the Dog & Partridge?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online