Blind spots

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3281 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

http://www.velodaily.com/this-is-truly-shocking-i-thought-i-knew-this-but-not-well-enough/2/

Ok, I'm sure most people here will think this obvious but if it only reminds one person then it's worth sticking it up!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cyclists are the bane of my riding life, even more so on twisty roads where you can't safely get past them.

Get off the roads you lycra clad knob ends. And if you do insist on cycling on roads for god sake at least be sensible and courteous to other road users.

Cyclists are the bane of my riding life, even more so on twisty roads where you can't safely get past them.

Get off the roads you lycra clad knob ends. And if you do insist on cycling on roads for god sake at least be sensible and courteous to other road users.

Cyclists have as much right to ride on twisty roads as you do, ride sensibly you'll get past them soon enough although on your 125 custom it may take a little longer lol

Get off the roads lycra clad knob ends? what for to make way for you a leather clab knob end?

Courteous to others...How much courtecy to cyclists do you show on an average day I wonder ?

The roads are for everyone not just you!

• Like 3

I saw a lot of idiot cyclists... all on youtube. never meet one in RL to create any kind of problem for me or other road users... not in UK... in Romania.. oh god. :))

I have no problem with cyclists, I always assume that they have a family waiting at home the same as me, it's the COMBAT cyclists I have difficulty with, they seem to want all the road and will take enormous risks to get through the smallest gap, a bit like learner bikers in many ways they fail to see the danger they put themselves in.

Only today I was in the missus's car stopped at traffic lights indicating to go left and a cyclist stopped in my blind spot (rear nearside), when lights turned green pulled away but stopped because wasn't sure if she was turning left or going straight on. Blimey! What a torrent of unladylike abuse I rec'd.

Here here !!!!!

What gives 1 lycra clad knob the right to peddle on a narrow two lane main road during rush hour with 3/4 of a mile of cars behind him and not have the courtesy/inclination/willingness/intelligence to pull over for a bit and let the cars through. No wonder car drivers go ballistic and create all kinds of dangerous situations.

Why am I being hijacked to do the majority of my 14 mile commute @ 15mph every single bloody morning & afternoon...... even on a 'kin 1200CC bike !!!

Oh yeah ..... be healthy, go green, carbon neutral and save the planet. Anybody told you that Cornwall is not geared up for that BS !!

• Like 1

Cycle paths are the answer, in saying that, the North Deeside Road, [ Aberdeenshire] has about a 50 mile cycle path , , millions spent on it, thru great scenery , yet the odd cyclist still uses the main road , risking his life on the blind corners,, :eusa_doh:

• Like 1

The only cyclists I have issue with are the "Red light? What does that mean?!" ones.

Other than that, I'll give them as much room as I can. I see them as brethern that just haven't seen the light yet (:

• Like 4

The only cyclists I have issue with are the "Red light? What does that mean?!" ones.

Other than that, I'll give them as much room as I can. I see them as brethern that just haven't seen the light yet (:

And all the other ones who appear to have no knowledge of the Highway Code in general. IE 90% of the ones in Cambridge. Why shouldn't they have to pass a proficiency test and hold basic insurance?

And dare I bring up the omissions produced by cyclists speeding up their digestive system?!?

[emoji100][emoji100]

• Like 1

I own no leather gear! Mwuahahahahah! [textiles and kevlar for this n00b]

And there is no such thing as road tax!!!111111oneonetwo

Theres a lot of leather clad knobs in here today, hey you haven't mentioned road tax yet guys...come on then

YAWN

Not only am I a master of suspense but...... fail to bring anything constructive to the table.

Theres a lot of leather clad knobs in here today, hey you haven't mentioned road tax yet guys...come on then

YAWN

I like my leathers!

I have no issue re road tax on bicycles. How much damage is caused to the road by them? 1 square inch per bike touching the road if that. BUT when the cyclist insists on riding on the wrong side, jumping up and down the pavement, running red lights, or crashes into the side of my car, that is when other road users start asking about insurance and being competent to be on the road.

Same goes for the fuckwit who drives while texting, or the biker who races through the village at 60+!

Oh, and did I mention I like leather?!?

• Like 1

And all the other ones who appear to have no knowledge of the Highway Code in general. IE 90% of the ones in Cambridge. Why shouldn't they have to pass a proficiency test and hold basic insurance?

And dare I bring up the omissions produced by cyclists speeding up their digestive system?!?

[emoji100][emoji100]

I'll second Cambridge cyclists knowledge of the Highway Code. I took our youngest down there for an interview last year and was convinced that Dignitas had opened a branch office, they must either be tired of life or just lack any comprehension of the danger they put themselves in.

Cyclists have as much right to ride on twisty roads as you do, ride sensibly you'll get past them soon enough although on your 125 custom it may take a little longer lol

Get off the roads lycra clad knob ends? what for to make way for you a leather clab knob end?

Courteous to others...How much courtecy to cyclists do you show on an average day I wonder ?

The roads are for everyone not just you!

Cyclists have a right to be *on* those roads, yes.

They do NOT have the right to be all over it.

Riding three abreast, going 10mph while a fourth one cycles all the way up the outside of the column on the opposite side of the road, expecting us oncoming to move aside for them? Where is that one in the Highway Code?

This happens a LOT on my road, particularly around school collection time when there are parked cars all along both sides.

Respect is not an entitlement. It must be earned... particularly as there is virtually no mechanism for enforcing the law on them, unless there is a cop or a camera on scene at the time, or the cyclist is downed and unable to ride off.

They could start by fitting bar-end mirrors - That, in the opinions of colleagues who cycle as much as I ride, is one massive step up in cycling safety.

Seen a couple who learned what it means, right at the moment the oncoming truck hit them. :(

Respect is not an entitlement. It must be earned... particularly as there is virtually no mechanism for enforcing the law on them, unless there is a cop or a camera on scene at the time, or the cyclist is downed and unable to ride off.

[...]

Seen a couple who learned what it means, right at the moment the oncoming truck hit them. :(

I've seen videos of the past, where the cyclist chose to be utter cocks to police who did stop them. Refusing to give details because they believe the law doesn't apply to them. These were videos uploaded by the cyclists! which reinforced the 'utter cocks'.

One that I particularly remember is where the cyclist goes "I'm a lawyer!" and proceeds to be a dick. Good luck if you ever need help from that copper, mate.

Dunno. Audi driver was a tosser with his driving in to the ASL, in a way that looks like he was deliberately stopping cyclists from doing so.

Cyclist could have handled it better, though.