Blind spots

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3302 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I decided to stretch my arms out whilst stationary at the front of traffic this morning as I'd been in the position for quite a while and it was a bit chilly so wanted to get the blood going.

Cyclist slaps me on the shoulder shouting that I could've seriously injured him with a 'closeline' as I didn't look over my shoulder. Then he rode off swearing!

I was stationary at a red light toucan?!?!

I've never counted to 10 so quickly.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Next post that promotes or revels in violence against cyclists gets it locked !

Violence is never the answer when using the road - surely as bikers we should be anticipating not being seen, expecting the not so unexpected. After having a front wheel skid a couple of years ago I always prepare to stop at a side road. I find myself looking for safe exits out of danger now just in case.

In any case this thread was to highlight the dangers of blind spots - not to encourage road rage.

Surely road users should be anticipating not being seen, expecting the not so unexpected.

Fixed that for you... ;)

• Like 1

The video looks like the bottom of the Farringdon Road junction in London.

My biggest issue is when they swing out from riding by the curb to the centre of the road at 15 mph without a care that a bike may be travelling down the outside. Nearly as bad as pedestrians walking out between 2 cars without looking right whilst wearing headphones. I think a few of them are still limping. Ahh, how I miss London!!

• Like 1

Next post that promotes or revels in violence against cyclists gets it locked !

In a bid to lighten things up how about a pic of you in your Lycra Paul??

In a bid to lighten things up how about a pic of you in your Lycra Paul??

? That is plain perverted Andrew. Have you been taking Foamy pills?

• Like 1

I only put a LIKE on that Andrew so you will have it forever in your profile, that will teach you to make fun of Paul. :biglaugha:

• Like 1

This is exactly why I give lorrys about 2 or 3 times as much room as they legitimately need. Those mother***kers are blind in that cab, and blind with a V12, 700hp, 22 tone, 7mpg Goliath.

And heavy enough that you'd only feel like a pothole if they ran over you. If that.

I only put a LIKE on that Andrew so you will have it forever in your profile, that will teach you to make fun of Paul. :biglaugha:

I must say I was surprised but stop making up excuses Slice we can all see you liked that :razz:

• Like 1

Thank you Tommy, looks like I've been outed :biglaugha::eusa_doh:

This is exactly why I give lorrys about 2 or 3 times as much room as they legitimately need. Those mother***kers are blind in that cab, and blind with a V12, 700hp, 22 tone, 7mpg Goliath.

Nope. Try 6cyl 460hp 10mpg 44tonne.

Personally cycliststs are a nightmare. I cannot pass them on rural roads. If im heavy i need 5 to 600 yards to clear them safely. On a grade it can be more. Yes thats 3/4 of a mile i could be on the wrong side of the road passing a 10mph pushbike.

Granted if i can pass without slowing its a fraction of that but then your gambling. With the cyclist, also myself and others.

Please. Motorcycles suffer minimal effects from cyclists. You not likely to kill one turning left are you. I agree seeing cyclists using the road when there is a cycle path 6feet to their left is infuriating.

Is that any worse than loud pipes on customs. The way some ride like the laws dont apply (there are plenty mcycles in that group). Suicidal courier riders.

Were talking 'pot, kettle'. Thread full of hypocracy. Im with Paul, very close to locking it.

• Like 1