Hung up my leathers

oldtimer
This post is 2792 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well boys and girls it's a sad day for me today as all my bikes have now been sold, after a rather wet but enjoyable squires I went back to Hamburg only to take Bad and after a few weeks managed to get back home,Christmas came and went and I got no better.

After many tests it seems I have cancer one which is incurable and the out come looks grim so I have sold all my bikes as it was a struggle to ride.

I am sure those of you that know me will realise how gutted I feel after riding for 53 years but if I will not give up without a fight and maybe even still get to squires in the cage.

Will look in now and again to see what scrapes you have got your selfs in and of course drewpys weird vids.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OT mate I am so sorry to hear that. Don't despair what ever you do, I had terminal cancer 14 years ago and I'm still moving about all be it a it slower than I used to, I and all of us on here will be thinking of you and yours, please keep in touch as I know the value of friends when it comes to feeling wanted and appreciated. Stay safe and live long. Martin.

I really, really sorry to hear that. for me, you are an example, and I tell my wife this year at squire, this is how I wish to be, a nice old man, riding my bike. well... I can`t be nice but at least I can try get old :) don`t let the cancer to destroy your life, how slice say, you can be with us long time from now and is always better to live your life than hidden inside.

So sorry to hear that OT, glad to hear not giving up the fight, thinking of you.

Really sorry to hear this OT... Was an absolute pleasure seeing you at the last two Squires meets and I sincerely hope to see you at the next one!

Stay strong and don't let it win.

Nina

Paul what can I say that's devastating news, I can't begin to imagine what your going through don't forget you have many friends on here

I know Andy will be round to see you as soon as he see's this. I'm not a million mile away if you need anything just pm me

Awe paul mate " gutted to see this,,,keep fighting mate , RCT boys are made of stearn stuff ,,

FFS Paul, really sorry to hear that mate.

Let me know if I can do anything. If you want some company/chat/shopping you have me number.

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes ,I have known for a few weeks what the outcome is 10 to 12 months now I have had the biopsys results it is confirmed.

I have not wanted to post on here and tell people because I didn't want sympathy I just didn't know what to do as people sometimes feel awkward but in the end I have as i know my favourite bunch of fellow pisstakers might cheer me up on bad days.

Nice one kev I knew you say something like that

Well OT thats a bit of a shitter, hopefully you are getting the support you need else where other than on here? i have a chap here at work with terminal prostate cancer and we all have seen him through out the journey and he is still all up beat and having a laugh so please don't let this drag you down.

As you already know we are all hear for you but as the old saying goes live for today, fuck tomorrow!

love to you and your family

Blimey OT. I don't really know what to say. I felt at though I had known you for years, even though we had only met a few times. It is always great "chewing the fat" with you and there is a great picture of us chatting at Squires last year on the forum.

It's always a pleasure to meet up with you.

Said picture

100_3230_zpsc48087b0.jpg

oh yea !! the gangham style photo,

I still want a pint. :spin2:

and you lot stop being miserable , your depressing him, Christ after listening too you lot I'd top myself

look on the bright side paul , your old and you live life to the full.

and it ain't over till the fat lass crows ! or something like that.

• Like 1

and it ain't over till the fat lass crows ! or something like that.

Are you referring to me Kev?!

• Like 2

Crap news that OT. At least you seem to be keeping hold of a sense of humour and who knows doctors have been known to make errors in the past - my dad was given 6 months and had just over 6 years!

Bugger the pint - I could do with some new boots.... you're not a size 8 are you??

• Like 1

Crap news that OT. At least you seem to be keeping hold of a sense of humour and who knows doctors have been known to make errors in the past - my dad was given 6 months and had just over 6 years!

Bugger the pint - I could do with some new boots.... you're not a size 8 are you??

:shakeno:

Sorry no..size 8 nah I am not a midget anyway would you really want some old gits boots who only has a bath once a year wether I need one or not.

• Like 5