bubble in fuel line

spencey
This post is 3331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Uh oh ! Those bubbles can be impossible to get rid of . Luckily it'll do no harm . If it was a bubble in the two stroke delivery pipe(s) , that would be a different thing altogether . Always use clear 2stroke delivery pipes so you can keep an eye on it . I'd follw Airhead's suggestion and get a black fuel line , that should get rid of 'em for you .

• Like 1

Turn your bike upside down for 30 minutes air bubbles will rise to the carb and get burnt off with the petrol....if you look closely at the exhaust you might just see black bubbles coming out ?....just don't pop 1 as they will stink.

• Like 3

Stop picking on the poor fella. Dont worry about it spencey Im no expert but I've never experienced problems due to air in the fuel line I've gone a few yards down the road and my engine suddenly died because I forgot to turn my fuel switch on whoops boy did I feel stupid then but the fuel is constantly flowing through the pipe as long as thats the case then a pesky air bubble doesn't matter listen to kevtherev he's already answered your question.

m8 cool thought this was for Yamaha owners just load piss takers p,s, wee boys on here hoo think they r bikers lol every day I jump on an rd 500 that is stage 2 Farnham tune microns the works wat bike do u jump on every day ,,,cheers karas288 thanks for u help m8

• Like 1

Bubble aside, what issues are you having with it? The bubble itself is irrelevant.

The bike will only need 5 things to run:

A decent spark - are you getting one?

Air - Is this clear for air in and air out; filter, exhaust; vacuums?

Good Fuel - Is the spark plug wet and does it smell of fuel?

Compression - Thumb over the spark plug hole is the crude method of judging this.

Timing - has this been checked.

With all of the above the bike will start, it may not idle, rev or run right, but it will start.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online