Valve problem on XVS 400/650 ????

Vandame
This post is 3314 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone , i have a dragstar 400 for quite few years now ,still i never found a repair manual for it , only the manual for the 650 ,very similar bu yesterday i wanted to start the bike ,the engine turned over like 1/2 or 2/4 of a turn and got stuck with a <clong> noise , my guess is a valve stuck opened perhaps i will have to investigate by opening the valves covers but does anyone knows if the valves are the same size for the 400 and the 650 ??? i'd like to believe that cylinders are the same size, consequently the heads are the same as well , piston bore probably smaller and perhaps crankshaft different as well.
So where can i find a manual for the 400 ??
are the valves same size for the 400 and the 650 ?/
Thanks for your help ,
Claude.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The 400 was produced for the Japanese home market, the frame and everything else is supposed to be the same as the 650, not sure if the actual engine is the same, the 400 weighs a bit less than the 650 which could mean its a different engine as logic says a 650 engine with smaller bore should weigh more.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online