FZ6S-S2 flat spot with aftermarket cans....help?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 3351 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have had my FZ6 for about a year and a half now, and it has has Leo Vince Evo II cans on it for the duration. At the weekend i had a shot of one of my mates Fz6, the naked one, and noticed that his pulls alot better through the revs. He has the same cans as me, but has a Powercommander and said the previous owner removed the AIS system?

Firstly, I dont have a power commander. I had never noticed the flat spot between 3500-6000 rpm(ish) untill i had a shot of the other bike. So i know that i will deffo be buying one when i have the money, and getting it mapped.

Secondly, what the hell is AIS?

"AIS takes clean air from the air box where it is distributed and pulled (under vacuum) past the reed valves and in to the exhaust port where it mixes with
the unburned fuel and ignites @ 1200 degrees it in the exhaust header. " (quote by 04UpInFlames). Well said.

If you get allot of deceleration popping with a slip on or full system this removed will help reduce it. The AIS helps the bike put out "cleaner" emisions. Thats why a "racer" would have no need for it and if you get a after market pipe some choose to remove it."

The FZ6 is hardly a race bike. Has anyone removed/blocked off this system before? or anyone be able to shed some light on if it needs to be done or not? as far as i can see it would be a "free mod" not having to buy anything to do it, just a case of taking various bits and bobs off.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online