tzr powervalve

jonnytzrroberts
This post is 3327 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye jonny " when you ignition is switched on it should whir [ power-v] , that's the cleaning cycle,,, how does she run , if its not working you"l have no power-band, and if its stuck open , no bottom end power ,but plenty top end,

Yep it turns wen I turn ignition on and I have a hell ov alot ov top end but not much bottom..how do I resolve it..wat makes it open then wen riding.

its an electric servo,opens for top end closes for lower revs.

they are supposed to be stripped every year and HiMelt grease applied. then adjusted

Is the bike bone stock uk spec? What year is it.

Check that the cables are lubed and moving freely and that the powervalve is in the proper position before you adjust the cables . I'm not sure about your particular model but most Yam powervalves have a hole in the cable holder which has to be lined up with a similar hole in the metal of the powervalve casing prior to adjustment .

Like I said man , I'm not sure about your bike , but if it's the same set up as a YPVS350/125 there's a little slot in the cable holder/pv pulley that you line up with a little hole in the metal casing ,( You have to remove the cover on the end of the PV where the cables go in ) , and hold it there with a drill bit or a nail . Then you adjust your cables as per owners manual . Hope that helps man ,

You need the exhaust off to check it properly. But a 93 bike fit and healthy with the pv will be weak off the mark.

If the valve was pinned it would struggle to pull away under 4000rpm and go absolutely nuts, like wheel lifting in 4th nuts at 7k.

I get the feeling your bike is normal.

Just been googling , as far as I can make out your bike has the same set up as the 350YPVS including the same servomotor so it should be easy enough to get info/parts .

Once upon a time it that was how we de restricted them. Ypvs parts and some tweaking. Missile! Thank you.

To be honest most of em ( read nearly all) ended up skidding down the road.

• Like 1