carb strip

fabiostar
This post is 3326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well the wee 94 600 divvie i picked up is running but still felt a bit rough. stripped the carbs apart and you could grow spuds in the float bowls. cleaned the tank and carbs again but the problems is// the mixture screws underneath the carbs. they were all different from 2 turns on one carbs unto near 4 turns :crazy: .. iv tried the internet and cant find anywere the proper setting.. gggrrrrrr, anybody good at internet searches or happen to know what they should be?

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The Yamaha Data book I have say's XJ600S/N up to 1995 Pilot Screw 2 turns out. Only screw them in to a lightly seated position to find the starting point before backing them out.

Tony

happy days mine were well out then. il strip them again cause she just aint for starting atm...

If it's not starting, while you have the float bowls off make sure the choke jets in the floatbowls are clear if they were as bad as you say. Try and get some carb cleaner to spray in the jets too make sure they are clear. While you have the floatbowls off check the size of the Main jets as in the Data book it says the outer carbs 1 & 4 should have a #105 main jet and the two inner carbs 2 & 3 should be #102.5

Although this shouldn't affect starting it's still worth checking incase a previous owner mixed them up.

well iv stripped them to the last nut and bolt. cleaned them and even brought them to the local jet wash :hyper: .. so time to rebuild them and this time, my god it has to start lol

jet wash?

it needs an ultrasonic bath not a shower

its needs put in a bin. lol.. stripped them to the last bit. put them together and its runs for a few seconds then dies again..ggggggrrrrrrrrrr.. starting to pull what hair i have out lol

its needs put in a bin. lol.. stripped them to the last bit. put them together and its runs for a few seconds then dies again..ggggggrrrrrrrrrr.. starting to pull what hair i have out lol

not surprised, cleaning carbs is the inside bit, not the exterior. send them out to get them sonically cleaned and you won't go far.

I assume the intakes are not cracked and you have any intake barbs covered up?

the intake rubbers seem in good order. it was running but a bit rough. the last time when i got the bike i drained the float bowls and it was a bitch to start. it seems it gets worse after iv done any work near the carbs . il go check once more just incase its sucked more dirt from the tank which iv cleaned although the tank looks ok and petrol is running out of it clean and reaching the float bowls.

ah ha.. new plugs. and it tried to start.. so easy start to the rescue lol... she fired up and ran but when i sprayed it round each carb rubber it showed both with small leaks and i mean so you could even see them but they were there . taped up both to try them and its running sweet as a nut... so a new set of rubbers and the div div is ready to go... cheers folks for the pointers.

don't forget a fuel filter, best £6 you ever spent

ay i had one sitting in the man cave. the first one was a mess. so its get the MOT booked and start enjoying it

Is it Kiehin Carb on these, pilot air screws below , ? mine were a bitch on the illuminator :eusa_snooty:

yeah they are below. iv set them at 2 an half and its seems fine.. its a really buzzy wee engine compared to the firestorm but iv kinda grown fond of it already..feels really light to ride so roll on the miles.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online