Hi from the sunny Isle of Man

This post is 3362 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Been lurking here for a little while but I though it was about time I started subjecting you to my personal brand of prattishness (if that isn't a word, it should be)

I've got an '02 XVS 125 which I picked up about May of last year and she's been my daily commuter in all weathers ever since, in fact the only days I haven't ridden are when she's in the shop for a service and during the TT last year; I'd been riding for two weeks at the time so decided to play it safe and keep out of the way. This year I'm hoping to actually do a lap on Mad Sunday though... we'll see.

I'm pretty sure I heard once that the rarest Harley is one that's still stock and over 10 years old; I think the same can be said for 125 Dragstars and I'm afraid that after 13 years as a stock bike mine is soon going to (hopefully) have some mods made too. Not sure on the specifics but I've seen some great inspiration bikes over the last year and I really can't wait to get my hands dirty. What's the worst that can happen eh?

Either way, wish me luck and I'll catch you around :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome:

Thanks for the awesome welcome guys!

And yup Derwpy, always loved that track and it seems kind of appropriate as a new biker :)

Hope you had a good time on the rock Blackhat, I thought the atmosphere for the Manx Grand Prix (now the Classic TT) was always kind of poor compared to the June races but they seemed to get it right in 2014. You looking to come back again this year?

tommyxs and I are going on the 25th for a week, camping at Peel.

Hope to see you there and you can show us the best bits ;)

I go there often through scouts to the Venture centre near Onchan.

Hi Reb & welcome to YOC, as Drew said hope to see you in August :jossun:

ps Don't be put off by Drew asking to show him your bits! he says that to everyone :razz:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online