Petrol in gearbox oil, any idea?

Dankrupt
This post is 3356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a dt125 98 and recently changed the gearbox oil to find there was petrol in it, in the oil I also found a few small fragments of crankcase sealant. If anyone could help me figure out what's wrong that would be great! Don't want to start stripping the engine down if I don't have to

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think that's a given about the engine strip, if you have fuel in the oil then you have a leak down into the crankcase, might just be rings and a piston, others on here will know, loads like the DT. It's always best to do an INTRO in the new members section before you ask a "How do I fix my bike" question cos folks are wary of ONE HIT WONDERS who rarely say "Thank you" even bother to reply if you help them out. Just sayin!

Could be. But if there is sealant in there it could be a leak through the case join.

If it was the rh seal you would need a lot of fuel to fill the case to cause the problem.

Fuel can creep through smaller gaps. A small leak in the case to case seal would allow fuel residue out when the engine cools. At the same time would not allow oil through........yet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online