New bike at last

obriens65
This post is 3333 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Finally found my new bike. It's an XJ900 diversion. I'm picking it up next weekend [emoji2] . I'll post up some piccies as soon as I can.

Remember the Rubber side goes Down

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey good to hear that you're finally getting a replacement for the beast, I take it that you are all patched up and ready to roll. Although its still cold out there luckily here in the deep south we don't get much snow and most weeks have had some sunny days that have been perfect for a winter's day ride.

Update: Seller wants the bike gone sooner than next weekend so picking it up as soon as I can get the tax and insurance sorted.

Meatloaf: I was given the OK by the Doc and signed off by the Physical Terrorist three weeks ago so yes, all ready to ride and itching to get back on.

Pics from the Bay of E:

ebay03_zps2a097bbb.jpg

ebay02_zpse8dd4a1b.jpg

ebay01_zpsabe00307.jpg

• Like 1

That is a lovely example of a divvy mate, well done.

That exhaust is brilliant, i fitted one to my mates 1984 900 and sounds really nice, not loud but it gives you a sound that feels like you can be heard.

Shes a nice old bus :yeah:" ,,thers a guy at Stafford show has a stall, and sells rebuilt Divvy"s , aye like brand new, beauties they are, all from ,N,O,S, parts, :jossun:

• Like 1

Thanks guys, she's a 1998 model (the youngest bike I've ever owned) and I can't wait to get my hands on her. :hyper:

Already been online and taxed it :biggrinbounce: . Just got to get the insurance sorted.

She should be parked on my drive either tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest :yay:

• Like 2

And a nice Krauser rack as well, you must be well pleased mate. A sweet looking ride. :jossun:

Picked her up last night :jossun: She's great went round some back roads and then onto the M3. Had a job keeping her down to 80.

I'm properly fixed now. My first therapy session since October. :spin2:

• Like 7

Hi

I wished I still had my old Divi, same colour as yours but one year or so older, have noticed that mine had some plastic swing arm covers covering the swing arm pivot bolt, I fitted braided brake hoses on mine made the brakes feel more solid.

22132_1132599894007_5635759_n.jpg?oh=7a6

So, I've had the bike for two days. Still getting used to it (as Tommy says she's very different to the TR1). And I haven't been on a bike since October.

And I thought it would be jolly fun to go to Loomies Cafe down the A339 in the dark.

For those who don't know it, the 339 is pretty much all corners.

I must be mad. My arse was twitching like a rabbit's nose all the way there.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online