Thad dreaded white stuff

meatloaf
This post is 3341 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well the snow that they have been taking about has finally arrived here in the south, I know it wasn't much but there is talk of more in the next day or so, I am glad that I managed to get out for a couple of hours yesterday, it was cold but a stop at a biker friendly cafe for ham egg and chips with a hot cup of tea soon warmed me up.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer we had snow over here in Yeovil, they have issued a yellow weather warning for snow on Sunday :shakeno:

Don't suck the YELLOW SNOW Noise !!!! :eusa_doh::biglaugha:

Well the snow that they have been taking about has finally arrived here in the south, I know it wasn't much but there is talk of more in the next day or so, I am glad that I managed to get out for a couple of hours yesterday, it was cold but a stop at a biker friendly cafe for ham egg and chips with a hot cup of tea soon warmed me up.

Did the very same as you meaty, got out for a couple of hours on my bandit and thourghly enjoyed it in the sun, stopped at a local burger van run by two lovely local girls and had a nice warming cup of tea (80p)

Our roads are black slime. with salt, :eusa_snooty: they put it on every day, Do they not salt the roads down south,,,

Our roads are black slime. with salt, :eusa_snooty: they put it on every day, Do they not salt the roads down south,,,

At the moment Blackie, as in Wiltshire there is no snow although salt has been put on the roads but to no avail because as of yet we have not been subject to heavy snow, or even any snow as such.

yer pansy :razz:

I'm with Blackhat on this. The roads in many parts of Greater Manchester have been gritted every day for the past 5 days as the snow has been a couple of inches thick on occasion. And, as usual, the standard of driving in the snow has been piss poor. How can you fail to understand that once traction has been lost it won't be regained by applying more power ? I've witnessed two low speed shunts by drivers ineptitude in the snow.

• Like 1

yes blackhat they do put salt down on occasion but I avoid riding when they do but still use plenty of AFC 50 and clean the bike regularly

dont know what you're all complaining about.

im just sat here outside the bar with a tequila sunrise, its not quite warm enough for shorts and t-shirt, more like jeans and a light sweater.

I'm with Blackhat on this. The roads in many parts of Greater Manchester have been gritted every day for the past 5 days as the snow has been a couple of inches thick on occasion. And, as usual, the standard of driving in the snow has been piss poor. How can you fail to understand that once traction has been lost it won't be regained by applying more power ? I've witnessed two low speed shunts by drivers ineptitude in the snow.

I agree about the grit but blackie is still a pansy :razz:

dont know what you're all complaining about.

im just sat here outside the bar with a tequila sunrise, its not quite warm enough for mankini, more like jeans and a light sweater

its what we're all thinking you mean't

Good point. When we had proper winters in the 60s, I dont recall ever not getting to work in the car and the roads weren't gritted, nor were the hedgerows and ditches filled with cars like today

Nor did they shut the chuffin schools, we were told to take a change of shoes n socks

Has the country gone soft in the head?

• Like 3

...and we all had rickets, and sat round a candle to keep warm...oh and the bread and dripping was fantastic....ah great days

• Like 4

Good point. When we had proper winters in the 60s, I dont recall ever not getting to work in the car and the roads weren't gritted, nor were the hedgerows and ditches filled with cars like today

Nor did they shut the chuffin schools, we were told to take a change of shoes n socks

Has the country gone soft in the head?

Remember those days

oh and the bread and dripping was fantastic....ah great days

Bread and dripping, making my mouth water just thinking about it. Just think, if we put that on our bread now the the doctors would go ape.

The dripping used to be about half an inch thick.

• Like 2