headlight bulb help needed

pignapper
This post is 3343 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

as some may know im rebuilding an sr125 1997.

I was looking to upgrade the headlight bulb but all documentation says that its a 3 prong H4 bulb. Mine isnt. Its a push fit, (like an old torch bulb) 12v/35w.

does anybody know the correct description of this bulb do I can investigate upgrading.

thanks

pignapper

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure of the correct description, but I use Halfords bulb 7028. This is a 35/45w bulb. The correct bulb should be a 35/35w. Other than changing the fittings to suit a H4 I cannot find an alternate upgrade. Bear in mind that if you do change to halogen though you will also have to change your lens to pass an mot. I have also spliced in a couple of 3w 'angel eye' led's which increase kerbside vision and overall visibility (allegedly) to other road users.

In theory you could, but I'm not sure if the alternator would be able to keep the battery charged.

Anything over 45w will prob kill the lighting system.

Substituting led's for any other lighting on the bike will save maybe 10w. So 55 maybe 60w is doable at the top limit with a healthy battery and all LED.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online