175MX 1980 Bash Plate Rubbers & Tapped Hole Help

XR650-R
This post is 3350 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, sorry to keep asking questions but here goes...

Removed my bashplate this morning and she is attached with top hat spacers and these go through rubber bushes....however I cannot seem to find any parts drawings with these bushes shown ?...I have gone through all years of the 175's and they all show just bolts going through with washers...no top hats and no rubbers :(.....any idea's of numbers or links to diagrams ?

Second question what does this tapped hole do ? it's the 1 on the left looks like m8 it don't seem to go anywhere lol ?

whilst your thinking, my exhaust tail section has 2 mounting bolts and cannot seem to find a drawing which shows this either :)....and non seem to show square section swinging arm ?

Dsc06366.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I take it no one else has a muffler with 2 fixing bolts or a sump guard with grommets ?......OK time to ring Yamaha on Monday and speak to them hopefully they can help me :)

I had 1979 DT125MX that had the box section swinging arm and that only had a single mounting bolt for the muffler and my mate had a 1980 DT175MX with box section swinging arm and that had two mounting bolts on the muffler.

Ref the tapped hole I seem to remember you could fit a seat strap across the seat and the strap mounted on the frame under the seat. Is there another mounting on the other side that would roughly be inline with the middle of the seat.

Tony

I had 1979 DT125MX that had the box section swinging arm and that only had a single mounting bolt for the muffler and my mate had a 1980 DT175MX with box section swinging arm and that had two mounting bolts on the muffler.

Ref the tapped hole I seem to remember you could fit a seat strap across the seat and the strap mounted on the frame under the seat. Is there another mounting on the other side that would roughly be inline with the middle of the seat.

Tony

Good call on the seat strap.....will have a look over weekend and report back....just find it strange that no matter how hard I look online at drawings and parts lists I cannot find any 2 hole mufflers or bash plate with rubber gromments :).....I am normally good at tracking part numbers down etc....get worried when google shows up nothing lol

Don't get too hung up on the drawings. Back then they were drawn by people. You end up with the written equivalent of Chinese whispers. Mind those threaded holes are doing nothing on mine.

That seat strap fits to the seat, not the frame. The square section arm does get verbal mentions but as it is pretty much the same as the round arm its nothing to get excited over. Except the fact that the pins thicker. So when swapping round for square you need to change the shock too.

So to remove the seat you have to take the side panels off then un-do the seat strap bolts then the seat bolts :).....sounds like work lol....

Any thoughts on my other issue the bash plate rubbers ?.....anyone got any info on them....I could do with new rubbers and new top hat spacers but again not any info out there showing the little buggers lol.

Sorry for bad picture but here is the bash plate and it's unique mounts :)....yes I know it should be plated not painted but only cost a fiver and looks OK to me.

Dsc06412.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online