XVS / XVS Dragstar

ojmiddleton
This post is 3359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im really into these bikes, since being on this forum ive looked into each bike that you've mentioned and these are totally the vibe im after!

Is the XVS and XVS Dragstar the same bike or a variation on a theme etc? What other variations are there?

Who owns these bikes? be really good to hear what you think of em!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

xvs are the cruising range of star motorcycles, the name is different, dragstar or midnightstar for europe, v-star for US, CA, Australia. dragstar is the old model of the xvs, the mighnight star the new name. ofcourse there is some differences but not because of the model, because of new things bring every year on the bikes. i`m not sure but I think they change the name something like 2008-2009 when the 950 version come on market. so, can be noticeable differences between a dragstar and a new midnightstar.

what I know for sure is the xvs is not really a yamaha. is another brand. long time ago, in the years 90 yamaha create star motorcycles brand for US. 10 years later this brand separate from yamaha and become another company. the motorcycles are still produced in yamaha factories and sell in his dealers network BUT the company that create and own the models is star motorcycles.

is also possible the star motorcycle change the european name for xvs when the company was separate from yamaha. in 2005 or 2006

.. or, all I just write can be wrong :))

• Like 2

What Lassy said is pretty much spot on, XVS dragstar = Europe & XVS Vstar = US etc but apart from the name nothing is different to the bikes them selves. If you put a Dragstar and a Vstar next to one another the only things your see that are different is the name and that the Vstars have some extra pipes around the engine which do something with the emissions.

I have a XVS 650 Draggy a tad modified to what they are like stock. I love it and its a fantastic bike. Very relieable and has lots of low end power which will pull any fat ass up the road. I too really like the 1600 wild star and once i sell the 650 this year the wild star is on the hit list to test ride.

Click The "Rise of the phoenix" link in my sig and that will show you the whole build thread. your see what she looks like now one page 16-18

Here's mine

• Like 1

Yours looks so much more "User Friendly" than mine :biglaugha:

Click The "Rise of the phoenix" link in my sig and that will show you the whole build thread. your see what she looks like now one page 16-18

Just read this thread, all I can say is wow what an amazing job you did and an amazing amount of work, not really my thing but a fantastic job that you should be proud of.

Here's mine

That's a nice looking bike, how many miles have put on her since you got her?

• Like 1

Yup, 650.

I was drawn by its looks. It just looked right compared to all the other 2nd hand jap cruisers going at the time.

The equivalents from the other brands are the suzuki intruder 800, the kawasaki vulcan 800 or 900 (depending on year), the honda shadow 750, and the triumph america.

There's a lot of help available here so no worries!

• Like 1

As Tout said we are always here to help

(as long as its not a virago) :biglaugha:

Only managed to put on around 2,000 since I got it, unfortunately life took over last year and playing went out the window, hopefully this year will be better.

I had a 535 for a few years and thought it was a fun bike to ride but then i'm not a macho ex tank driver like noise who if I remember rightly thinks they look shit, are shit and are only for girls but hey luckely everyone has right to their own opinion. One mans meat is another mans poison.

• Like 2

Blimey meatloaf its almost like we are married, you know me so well. Haha.

I hate the general look of the viggies but with my hat off and tail between my legs i did kinda fall in love with a highly modified viggy

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online