past yamahas..

fabiostar
This post is 3365 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im gona try to see if loading a few pic works...

1417865349696_zps41bf624b.jpg

bikes15_zpsb1b7aff9.jpg

alloy framed TZ350 which was to say the least interesting to ride..

bikes14_zps35890aa7.jpg

bikes11_zpsf18e7830.jpg

an interesting little bike i had for a few years. a spondon 200 based on a RD200. not much of the rd engine left in it other than the engine casings..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my very first race bike back in the early 80 a wee 200 yamaha

bikes12_zps97fed3b1.jpg

and prob the strangest bike i ever owned. it started laife as a tz250 n. then the top of the engine was shaved of, a plate bolted to it and 2 kawasaki motoxross kx100 barrels bolted on backwards to make a reverse cylinder twin. revved to about 13k and a total hoot to ride

bikes17_zps5392c15d.jpg

then i got all sensible and went supermoto racing...

bikes21_zps9c7d3608.jpg

I like the sound of the 2 x 100cc barrels :rolleyes: great Engineering,,

Whats the supermoto, Husaberg,, :icon_cool:

did you watch the CR500 link,,?

I like the sound of the 2 x 100cc barrels :rolleyes: great Engineering,,

Whats the supermoto, Husaberg,, :icon_cool:

did you watch the CR500 link,,?

yeah thoses 500s are mad lol.. the first one was a yz426 and the crash i think was a ccm604 i had.. 200 racing was big here upto the early 90s. id few 200s then went to putting watercooled kawasaki top ends on them thus making yamasakis, there was a few of them about. the reverse cyl was actually a bike build by queens university for yamaha when they were developing the rev cyl racers of the time and i found it sitting in a guys spare room years later, he had no idea what it was so i snapped it up. wish da hell id never sold it as its the only one ever made...

Heres another CR500 , check the 1/4 mile time,, remember an R1 is 10.6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJTuQrSbAfw

mental... :babyha: .. i have to say when i raced the 500 i went faster when i changed to the 426 unless it was at one of the really fast tracks.. everybody should ride one at least once

Husqvarna 430 and the Yam YZ465 are the biggest singles av ridden,, :spin2:

both hairy arsed bikes i have to say.. brutal torque outa those big long stroke motors..great

in the end i ended up racing a husky smr 570. proper brute of a thing i got from a german team, sema i think it was but stil not as rough as the big strokers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online