Dt125 power valve stick

This post is 3364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

That's really low, , just for a test , try it on your car battery, to see what it says,,,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah turns out it's about 12.8v , the multimeter is cheap and wasn't displaying the digits properly...,

Hmmm so it's not the battery that's the problem then, what a bigger..

Il try it with engine running tomorrow to look for 14+ volt

Not sure where to look next as I was counting on the battery being the issue , any ideas where to check next?

Checked it on a car battery and it was also reading 12.7v

Glad you"ve got the meter sussed :yeah: , ok battery good , its connections next,, , pull apart every connection and clean, battery- to solenoid - switches ,

Right will do that ASAP , the wiring loom is a complete mess Il take a pic so you know what I'm dealing with, when you say battery to solenoid switches... can they be pulled apart and cleaned ???

Also clean everything connecting to power valve servo or clean literally every connection??

IL clean with WD40 and a toothbrush...

Yeh " All connections, come apart , you know when you turn on key, the P.V goes thru a clean cycle, "whirs" , that must be a solenoid .

Yeah turns out it's about 12.8v , the multimeter is cheap and wasn't displaying the digits properly...,

Hmmm so it's not the battery that's the problem then, what a bigger..

Checked it on a car battery and it was also reading 12.7v

:babyha: You mean you had it on wrong settings ,,

I thought I was on the wrong setting but I turned the dial to Volts and on the setting 20 , it was reading 2.78 or something until I noticed the number 1 flickering next to it and when I pushed the dial inwards the number 1 would show giving a new reading of 12.78....

Must be a faulty connection haha

Still haven't had a chance to clean connections etc work / weather getting in the way !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha forgot my password I've been awaiting a new one which has been in the spam folder for days ...

Going to try tomorrow resetting pulley cables , cleaning connections etc sorry for delay been working none stop!!!