XVS950A

Dave-Dr
This post is 3386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, new on the forums, heres my ride;

DvDEDMr.jpg

WbB613y.jpg

VO6lTzU.jpg

Mods done so far and some info on them (for anyone looking at the same parts) ;

--Exhaust
Vance & Hines, big radious 2 into 2

--Front & rear brake resevoir covers
Highway hawk front and rear reservoir covers, easy to fit and look great, the rear one is of a xvs1300 which i bought by mistake, fits perfectly tho with a tiny bit of persuasion.

--Clutch perch cover
Highway hawk, good addition, keeps the crap from getting inside the clutch\lever, and is good looking.

--Brake light trim
Small but worth while addition to the bike.

--Fender eagle

--Heated Grips

Went with oxford cruiser grips, having had datatool grips on my previous ride, these work just as well and have more control over the temperature.

--Rectifier cover
Highway hawk part, really simple to fit, looks great and keeps the crap of the rectifier.

--Passenger floorboards
This was the second bigest pain in the ass to fit of all the mods (1st been the neck covers) they look great and much more cumfy for the passenger so i've been told, had to clamp them up on the hangers in a vice to squash the black rubbers enough to get a locking pin in, and also chamfer the locking pins, so not as simple a fit as the blurb makes them sound.

--Brake line chrome wrap
Basic mod, till i change the brake lines to braided ones.

--Chrome frame neck covers
Highway hawk part and a pain in the ass to fit, they look great but took an extra pair of hands and some small modifcation :madflame:

Still a few more bits to do yet, got a cobra powerflo air intake and a cobra FI2000 fuel management unit to instal this week.

Other mods/Plans;

--Chrome frame cover

--Tail tidy

--LED brake light mod

--Change the sissybar & add a luggage rack

--Change the mirrors

--Mustang seat

--Rider floorboard covers

--Sump drain valve plug

And possibly some custom paintwork at some point.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Air intake fitted, FI2000 fitted, Sissybar removed and reflectors on panniers removed with eagles replacing them.

tq1UUKS.jpg

Lj9JzJ2.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online