Back! With another bike...

busyeddie
This post is 3392 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, It's been a while.

I still have four DT's, but progress on complete restoration of som, and engine rebuilds on the complete bikes has been slow due to me buying a house 12 months ago.

I sold the RS 200 and TTR 250 before buying the house. So I've not ridden much recently either...

So I have decided to fix this by buying a YB 100!! I've justified this by saying its a Christmas present for my new girlfrirend. :-)

It's got six months MOT and looks tidy. I'm picking it up tonight.

I'd post pisctures, but i'm lazy, so here's the ebay link chaps... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-YB100-Deluxe-Motorcycle-100cc-/221623728854?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=rNH2wqMNKByC%252FA9BU1bvOWrlRRQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'lll let you know how things go in due course.

Has anyone got a gift box big enough for a baby Yamaha?

Ed

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Picked it up last night in the cold street light of East London. Seems to be ok! Gearbox is a bit funky, All four gears down, and it has a daft heal and toe shifter.

Seems to run smooth and quiet, almost too quiet after the DT!

I'll give it a proper once over when I get chance, bust out teh Autosol and stick a bog bow on it!

Gave the bike a quick once over this evening, couple of things cropped up; carb was over flowing, gave it a tap, seems better now. The exhaust leaked, tightened it up.

Went for a ride.

I hate the gears. Constantly changing up instead of down going into corners and over revving changing down instead of up!!

This caused some problems, as I managed to blow the lights by over revving!

Not cool on a country road...

I'll post in the technical bit for advice on rectifying this...

Oh and it's cold!

Good news that Edd" :jossun: is the gearchange a linkage ? my old H2 had 5 down, on inspection someone had cut and welded the linkage,[ for drag racing] I just reverced the weld job, :yeah: ,,

Lever straight to the spline unfortunately...

I'm sure she'll get used to it even if I dont

Fix the lights hopefullly and it will be ok!

I love the little bike! Sounds like a similar shift pattern (and heel/toe shifter I'll bet) as my 80cc. I got used to that then had a hard time getting used to my new bike. :biglaugha: