Stator re-wind?

rossonza
This post is 3383 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI guys,

Does anyone know of a company, or an individual who can re-wind my stator for improved output? the Yamaha WR400 99' only has a 55w stator, i need about 80 to run my indicators and dash and lights all together.

There is the option to upgrade to a 2nd hand stator off a newer wr, but they are close to £200.....id rather spend a lot less haha

Thanks
Ross.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

The cost of rewinding to that spec is going to be close to that figure - with no way of knowing how the thing will work. When you go adding more windings the first thing that happens is that it'll make more power at low RPM, but less at high (great if you want to ride very slowly at night). Also when its in the high RPM range it'll get VERY hot. Generators are rated to run at around 60- 90 degrees C, add too many windings and you'll easily get it to run at well over 150C - without the engine heat.

Unless the bike you have has a de-rated generator, I'd doubt you'd be able to increase its output by 20%. Thats a hell of an ask on a small stator!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online