What do you hate about xmas?

Grouch
This post is 3386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Generally, the weather

I miss those crystal clear, cold, frosty days, when the hoar frost coated the trees like tinsel, and we could make slides down the hill at the end of the street in the frost covered pavements. No central heating of course, and I used to be fascinated by the frost patterns/swirls on the inside of my bedroom window

• Like 2

thing that is bugging me about xmas is that driving standards are seemly deteriorating even further, pushing out when there isn't properly room and just general impatient and careless manoeuvres like the driver is in a hurry, not concentrating or pre-occupied, trying to do too much and consequently something of a menace, or...is it just me i wonder?

rode home from kent last night, some 85 miles across london, it was pretty cold but with stops to warm up ok and no rain, at least the roads were quieter than during the day when i went, oh and no low sun which can be another issue this time of year.

thing that is bugging me about xmas is that driving standards are seemly deteriorating even further,

I actually notice there are distinct moments where you just know the cagers will be utterly terrible.

My 2 main ones are

1) the clock changes in and out of BST

2) a snap change in weather

The averge driver just doesn't seem to be able to cope with anything that changes their routine. Which is odd, because commuting is monotonous, and anything that makes it different should be good!

But over winter, it does seem to get worse. That they just can't deal with darker evenings. And rather than accept the conditions are beyond their abilities, they instead just cause accidents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online