What are people doing, and whats on the list for Crimbo?

DirtyDT
This post is 3403 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone up to anything different for Christmas? What's on your wish list?

I am finishing work on 19th December and not going back until 5th January. If I am on the "nice" list I am looking to see if Santa brings me some guitar stuff.

Order of organic meats done - to be collected 6am on 24th. Decorations up today (hopefully). Just a couple of bits left to buy. Christmas eve lunch booked overlooking the river and narrow boat moorings. Whats everyone else up to?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not a lot. I used to play the part until my youngest sussed out that Santa had the same tattoos as me.

Although I still say as I'm wheeling a trolly full of booze out of morrisons "I'm only doing it for the kids"

• Like 1

Not a lot because I'm a miserable old bastard that now lives on his own.

Top of my list is a new pair of gloves to keep my hands warm on a winters ride. Then I really need some talent, got several guitars laying around that I have'nt played for over 25 years, used to play and sing to the kids when they were young, truth is that I was crap then and now I'm really crap, fingers just wont do what the brain tells them, been a good boy all year so santa please bring me some tallent. and a couple of bottles of rum.

• Like 3

Well let's see,my list is as follows:

Not a lot because I'm a miserable old bastard that now lives on his own.

Top of my list is a new pair of gloves to keep my hands warm on a winters ride. Then I really need some talent, got several guitars laying around that I have'nt played for over 25 years, used to play and sing to the kids when they were young, truth is that I was crap then and now I'm really crap, fingers just wont do what the brain tells them, been a good boy all year so santa please bring me some tallent. and a couple of bottles of rum.

Bleeding Ell ML I don't think turkey and tinsel would appeal to you this Christmas then.

freeking working 21st and 30th December, which just F*cks up the festive period. normally would be done by 23rd and back the 5th.

hope to get the bike completly stripped down and off to the powder coaters.

Mum's75th birthday on the 23rd,so that will be good (yes my mums still cool)

Well it all depends if I make it to Christmas. I haven't had a day off since October but I've promised Mrs Xs I'll take next weekend off to do the dreaded xmas shopping, I think I'd rather be working really at least then I might be able to pay for it. not really planned anything for the holiday just looking forward to having a relaxed Christmas and doing as little as possible :xmas:

I've booked myself off from 20th to the 3rd January. First time in 25yrs in the job I've had chrimbo and new year off......unfortunately the good lady has to work 12hr earlies on xmas day

I'm going to Amsterdam for 2 nights on boxing day [emoji2]

Does that count as different? Lol

• Like 3

For the last 35 years, we've "entertianed" on Christmas Day. Sadly, only one of the four parents left now, and both children now in their 30s, so we've been invited around to our eldests for the day

I guess its another sign of the times, but I do so want to grow old disgracefully

I guess its but I do so want to grow old disgracefully

yep neversaydie that's the only way to do it but you and I are far too young to think about that just yet.

What I will seriously be doing this Christmas is although I do not believe in it but I do like the Christmas dinner and all the trimmings including brussel sprouts and a bottle of wine. Is after dinner and Christmas pudding with cuzzy and after washing and drying up is to go into the front room with a glass of wine and watch either the "Great escape" or "Shawn the sheep"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

in my list is just a schuberth c3 pro... but i`m sure santa will not hear me :))

well, I was wrong, he had a C3 PRO for me, a black mat one... today the snow has gone from my street so I remove the windshield and take the new helmet for a test... at 85 m/h no ear plugs, still don`t have the noises I had with the other 2 HJC RPH MAX at 40 m/h with ear plugs ... is just amazing. I can`t believe how huge is the difference. also the intercom had better sound than my other scala raider intercom... both are manufactured by scala raider but the schuberth one is a better quallity... well, at 270 pounds must be better.

thank you santa and happy new year everyone! :)

• Like 1