Jump to content
Blue Three

Rear lights on Yamaha Virago XV535 Trike

Recommended Posts

Anybody have ideas about how to "restore" or replace theses lights?

They are currently of the original type and whilst the lenses, bulbs and fittings are fine the "plastic" chrome surround and rubber seals are a bit tatty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might get a response if posted in the workshop section - AFTER a proper introduction in the new members area.

Just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

Thanks for the help so far. Sorry for the delay in replying but have been on holiday. I do have some pictures of the existing lights but could someone guide me on how to put them here.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they are plastic but the rubber seals are also tatty. Not looking for exact Yamah replacement but something that looks good on the rear mudguards, works & is legal. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that looks perhaps better than mine but I need two.

There are plenty of other lights which I like on ebay but do not know if they will adapt to the curve of the mudguard. As suggested earlier I will put some pictures up to show the problem. Eventually found my photobucket account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Airhead for your ebay suggestion. I had tried but found nothing suitable. So I retried and after viewing over 1000 entries and before the eyes went square I found one which will do the job. There is need for some modifications (as there always is ) but when they are done I will post another photo to show the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's plastic chrome, once it's scratched it's basically fucked, best thing you can do is spray it any colour you want, or try some chrome spray paint, or just buy a new one since they're fairly cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As promised an update on the lights and photographs. They were as I suspected fiddly to fit and included lengthening bolts, changing connectors, new hole boring and a lot of on/off before I was pleased with the results.

a8962ef5-b588-4322-8bc6-60f3ca7a4222.jpgc2be1772-3d1d-4dfb-bc2a-cbe7bf1693a0.jpg496e5f36-5747-4a59-980a-9ac33cde5312.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...