Helmet dryer

Katie1
This post is 3430 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks

Just found this on MCN's website.

http://igg.me/at/motogroom/x

A new start-up company is seeking funding for a helmet dryer and it looks really useful. Drying time after a full wash is 3 hours (as opposed to 3 days whenever I do it!) so I reckon it's worth £39 to get it going? Oh, and get a dryer as well, obviously! biggrin.png

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

why you don`t use a small fan to do this? is under 10 pounds

Never seems to work for me? Have tried the fan, the open air, the 'wedging the hairdryer' and the stretched out in direct sunlight techniques and it always takes 3 flippin' days to dry properly!

Maybe I'm using the wrong water? :eusa_think:

Have you ever tried putting the lining in the tumble dryer? Wrap them in a cloth bag and set it for cool and leave it till it dries, not the cheapest way of doing it but it does dry quite well in about 4 hours. Most modern helmet linings do come out and you just have to be really sure you know how to rebuild them.

Have you ever tried putting the lining in the tumble dryer? Wrap them in a cloth bag and set it for cool and leave it till it dries, not the cheapest way of doing it but it does dry quite well in about 4 hours. Most modern helmet linings do come out and you just have to be really sure you know how to rebuild them.

Last time I washed my lid, I took the interiors out to do it. No tumble dryer so it still took days to dry. For me, the cost of this thing (if it works!) is worth the lack of aggravation but I realise not everyone's not as lazy as me :eusa_shifty:

Might be useful for some folks.

I'm fine with the old-school methods.

I dont wash my helmet, i prefer mine to smell and look used :eusa_whistle::eusa_shifty::razz:

• Like 1