Your thoughts

Noise
This post is 3408 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well here i go again with this one, i know i have said it before but it will definatly be happening next year.

Im looking at selling up Betty and getting another bike, its not that i dont like her any more (i love her to bits) its just that im bored of her now and just want a little more grunt for my buck also it will be nice to see someone else enjoy her as much as i have.

Now the bikes im looking at getting next are:

Harley Sporty 1200 (pre 2005)

Harley Ironhead 1000 (found a 1984 one im in love with but needs work)

XVS 1100 (looks too bulky for me tho)

Vmax (not sure how long id keep it tho as its not my style, i just want one :))

Kwakimakie VN1500

XV 1600 wildstar (Again its a bulky bike)

So out of them what are your thoughts, and as you can guess non of them will stay stock.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Vmax (not sure how long id keep it tho as its not my style, i just want one :)) .... do it....do it ......do it !!!!!!!!! ............... ya know ya want to :eusa_clap:

• Like 2

It's about what you like really, I would not buy a Harley or even entertain one I'm afraid, your buying a name and a brand with a life style and the price of even the most basic spares are just silly, VMAX oh yes we all want one of those but it's a case of would you be alive to sell it? It's a nut jobs bike raw power and lots of growling noises your going to have to ride it in a pair of budgie smugglers and flip flops, Xv 1600 nice bike but BIG, XVS nice but again a BIG bike.

You pays your money and live with it for a while then move on I suppose, best of luck finding a bike that fits.

• Like 1

Sorry, did you just say :hah:Harley??!! :wank4az::lol:

Sorry, did you also say you're joining the Wild Hogs you want a Sportster???!!! :hah:
If that's how it is, you might want to give the 950 Bolt a try - All the styling of the 883, but performance comparable to the 1200, if the reviewers are being honest about it.

The Harleys would be an investment, as they hold their value... but might well eat up any future profits in the cost of parts.

Vmax - Try one out, if you can. You might like them. Lots of variety between models, it seems. I understand the imports have more kick to them. One of the guys round our way just picked one up and the specs were notably higher, on the page at least.

1100 Drag - Grown up version of the 650. Notably higher performance, but still a Dragstar. Might be even better after you mod it. Usual known issues apply.
Couple of guys round here have them as daily commuter rides.

Wildstar - Not that many about, but very well liked by their owners. Big, heavy, massively grunty torquey things. Sound great. Perhaps wouldn't mind one myself.

VN1500 - Lots of curly girly Classic styling. Change it immediately, for God's sake!!

As always, just my own thoughts. Your experience may differ.

• Like 1

XVS1300A or XVS1300 Custom... fantastic cruisers without being too heavy.

I do love the bolt but sadly im not in the financial situation to be able to afford a brand new bike so its all depends on how much i get for betty.

Yer i doubt i would survive to sell the vmax, think I'll just get a few more years riding under my belt before i delve into the realms of the stupid power.

Thing is i have always loved the old harley's, n i know your buying the stupidity priced name and your instantly tard as one of them folk but i just have that itch to own one.

In reality a nice smallish v twin that i can throw about would do me just not a virago haha.

In reality a nice smallish v twin that i can throw about would do me just not a virago haha.

Have you considered the likes of the Shadow and Suzuki's 800 range?

Vastly inferior to anything made by Yamaha, *of course*, but perhaps still worth considering?

Some of the M800 stylings look rather cool and spacey...

You also have the lesser-seen Yamahas too, like the Road Star and the Warrior...

Also, Victory bikes are pretty large-engined, yet the overall bikes seem surprisingly insubstantial. One of the guys at work has an 8-Ball I think (or it began life as one, anyway), which I thought was a 3-digit engine but is something like a 1600!

Doesn't matter which one you go for Noise, cos you'll chop the fuck out of it anyway

THAT is a ruddy good point my dear Tommy...

Based on Betty, how about you picture what each bike would look like when striped to the basics? Perhaps some of the larger ones in this list will suddenly seem more feasible as a result?

Either way, I look forward to seeing what you do Noise. And more toaster tanks... Yes... More toaster tanks.

• Like 2

Doesn't matter which one you go for Noise, cos you'll chop the fuck out of it anyway

I'm with Tommy, whatever you buy (and it appears cost will be a major factor), it will be unrecogoniseable save for the motor by the time youve butchered it

SOoooooooooo, buy a decent 1100 or 750 Virago, there cheap enough, bullet proof motors, plenty of parts around :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

You don't want to know my thoughts...even the guy that did my psychometric testing got freaked out

You don't want to know my thoughts...even the guy that did my psychometric testing got freaked out

I think Morton are crap,,, :spin2:

• Like 1

Top of the League matey, and as your mob won't be going up, we'll see you next year :hyper:

• Like 1

Well i think i may have a change of thought this week as my mate is off on a short tour on board ship and has given me his triumph speedmaster for three weeks to service and change a few bits n bobs on it. I've ridden it before but only round the block so its going to be nice to actually see what its like. Only thing is they are a bit out my price range.

Good to test ride tho,,, get the feel , the America is a nice triumph too.. :rolleyes:

And I think " Kevs a nutter,, :crazy:

• Like 1

I think the america and speedmaster are the same bike just called different???

If you're thinking Triumph, and thinking retro, go for the T100 Bonneville, 07 and earlier are carb models, and tons of custom / bobber parts around

Had a evo softail for 7or8 years,can't say it wasn't reliable cos it was but when it did need parts I got stiffed! iron head sportsters are a no go unless your prepared to spend every weekend spannering on it,evo sportsters may be a better bet but then your back to considering cost again.like the man said you pays yer money you makes yer choice.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online