hello (new comer)

grahamjepp
This post is 3438 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello my name is Graham. Just wanted to say hi and a little about myself. I've just joined after purchasing a DT 400B American import for restoration. As a child my family and I lived abroad and I had a ATC 90 Honda 3 wheel buggy , then a 1977 DT 100 and then a DT 125 and after that a Suzuki RM125C racing with the Dubai Dirt Donks for a couple of years .

On our return to the UK I raced in school boy moto x 1st with a RM100N ,then back with my RM125C, then a Yamaha YZ125G and then a 125 Cagiva silver streak. When turned adult I had a season on a 490 Maico alpha , but unfortunately had to retire after my fathers funding stopped! I still rode as I used to borrow my brothers bike, a 1982 RDLC125 unrestricted .

After 32 years and a bit of go -karting in between, I fancied getting a vintage Yamaha like my dads friend in Dubia circa 1975, a yellow DT 400B with the intention of restoring it. Having purchased one from ebay, a non runner American field bike with no electrics or speedo/tacho , I would greatly appreciate any help or advice about my project.

Cheers Graham... and if that hasn't bored you to death nothing will haha.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great intro graham,, now the DT will have sat for long enuff that the crank seals will be shot,, this leads to erratic running, parts arestill out there, just expensive , Usa seem to have most N.o.s. stock,, thailand is good for fenders/lights etc,

I hope you don"t think it"l be like the Maico performance wise,, post up a piccy,,

Heres mine in 2010.

DSC00044.jpg

Yes the Maico and the Moto x were fun!, I've slowed down bit now, so the the performance will be quick enough for me, your DT looks Great, hopefully mine will look as good?????, I loved the seventies so want a bike that took me back to memory lane and much nicer time,

Yeh g " were all the same.. I spent a bucket of cash on that 400 , :eusa_doh: , I rode it for 2years ,sold it on bought the H2-750 kawa, rode that . till this spring, and now on a DT250mx...I like it, av gone full circle , I"v owned all the DT"s except the100cc, and I find thers not much between the 250&400. the MX suspension is great compared to the twinshock,, although the latter is prettier, :jossun:

Welcome aboard! :wavey: