First Big Bike!

This post is 3441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya guys and gals the names Mitch I'm in Gloucestershire. I'm 19 I’ve owned a ’97 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3, ’06 Suzuki EN125-2A, '95 Kawasaki BN125-A1 Eliminator, and my current steed is my '98 Yamaha XJ600N Diversion. I love it!! Got it for an excellent price and it's almost mint condition and it's only done 13k! as I'm only 19 it's had to be restricted to 47 bhp so I bought a kit off eBay and fitted it, it was surprisingly easy to take the seat, tank, air box and carb’s off to get to the carb rubbers which house the restrictor plates :) There's a few bits which need doing like a new front brake lever (Slightly bent), a front brake reservoir cap as the old one is a bit tatty, and a new ignition as it's a bit temperamental. After the 2 year restriction is up I want to change the exhaust system to a Delkevic 4 into 2 system as I love the look of the twin pipes out the back and to me it sounds a lot meatier than a single canned bike, I also want to get some renthal bars with the brace and I'm also looking at changing the rear shock to jack the back up a bit as I feel that it's a tad low, one other mod I'm going to do is change the rear wheel to an fzr600 wheel as the standard one on my XJ is 130 and if I’m not mistaken the fzr's are 150? And maybe even do a front end swap to the fzr aswell but that’ll be in the distant future (If I’ve still got it) but anyway hope to speak to you all soon any suggestions, criticism welcome, Cheers!

Mitch

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mitch welcome to the YOC :wavey: I'm in Gloucestershire to so nice to have you join in perhaps I will see you about?

:welcome: mitch

bigger tyres doesn't mean better handling (if that's what you are after) it has to work with the correct frame/steering geometry.

• Like 1

Yip , like a 5.5 inch rim is made for a 180 wide tyre, if you squeeze a 190 on , it makes the tyre pointy , and handles scarey :eusa_shifty:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online