Charged for No MOT, Whats the charge code for my insurnace?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 3423 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So driving back from aberdeen to elgin to put my bike in the garage for winter, i got pulled over by the local plod. Turns out my bikes MOT had ran out in August! ouch. £100 ligther, i was allowed to go but cant seem to find out what i need to tell my insurance?

Bobby said i need to declare it next time i insure a vehicle, but phoned MCE to let them know anyway and the boy on the phone said thats fine. Im just about to insure my car though so need to know what to put it down as.

Cheers.

Ps, appologise if this should be in "general"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Relax matt. its a non points charge,,, if your licence is clean that's all the insurance are interested in,

Yeah as above Matthew TAX and MOT are non points items so you should be fine, I think only no insurance carries a mandatory fine and points.

This from the DVLA If the system flags a vehicle as being untaxed and not declared SORN, an automated letter and fine of £80 will be issued to the registered keepers address. Early settlement of this fine if paid within 28 days can see a 50% discount where you will be required to pay a fine of £40.

This for no MOT from DVLA A fixed penalty notice is usually the method dealt with by police which costs the driver £60. Failure to pay, or repeat offenders will receive a court summons where the fine will escalate and will include court costs.

ooft. thank god for that! i paid my fine, so now its all sorted. Was getting ripped to shreds by my fowks saying how much of an idiot i am, so my old man checked the car and his van MOT's and they were both out aswell! lucky peckers just didnt get caught.

Cheers guys

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online